cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM catlog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is that in SRM MDM catalog ,the data comes in flat files.However data enters in MDM only after approval mechanism in MDM workflow,which is set using validations(manadatory field check).Now my doubt is whther images should be imported after approval or before approval???????

Regards

Nisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Images should be imported before approval. Your flat file must be having the field containing image name for that record(part) and in import manager you can link this field with the records present in Images table(say you have already imported the images) and once your record has been approved you will get the completed record with image.

Otherwise if you are planning to import images after the record is getting appoved then you need to perform the additional steps like either you have to link the image manually with the part or again you have to run the Import Manager and this time you need to set the default import action to Update Null Fields which will update the Image name for every part.

We had a similar scenario and have imported images first.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Would you like to share what approach you have followed?

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent ,

I think u dint get my question.It was abt image upload before or after approval?

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for the reply. in case records are rejected but then images are still stored in repository does this affect the performance?

Regards

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha L on Oct 10, 2008 12:25 PM

Edited by: Nisha L on Oct 10, 2008 12:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Yes you right it does affect the performance but only at the time of loading the repository because it will process the Images table.

Also if you have linked the images then its fine else it will occupy extra storage since at the time of importing if you have selected as Stored then the image is actually stored in database.

You need to look into various aspects before making the decision.In our scenario Approval thing was not involved and it was like one time activity.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

0 Kudos

Hi MDMers,

I have configured the SRM-MDM Catalog and I had done Import data, mapping data, OCI, SRM call structure and UI settings. Everything works fine when we call the Catalog in SRM.

My SRM -MDM Catalog needs certain custom fields which should hold some Button indicator for item classification (Red, Amber, and Green)

Already we used MDMSRM_IMAGE field to have pictures of Item and mapped in Display view in UI manager.

I tried one more custom field for the Image to hold this buttons (.gif file) but unfortunately it is not bringing the indictor images, just place holder is exist without indicator image.

Could you please help me and give some work around solution to bring that Button Indicator in My Catalog view for each item.

Please light up something on TEXT HTML, TEXT BLOCK, HYPERLINK and mime type

Is it possible to have the .gif Image by using above functionality? If so please guide mates.

Regards

Edwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

suggestion is to created the new items as check-out items

workflow can be based on theses check-out items,

when workflow is done and update/creation accepted,

last action is check-in

Rem: only user who check-out can view the check-out item

generic user can be helpfull to manage this process and initiate the workflow

Regards