cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge/collect messages, but without any output

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am trying to implement the Pattern:BpmPatternCollectMultilf.

The messages are pulled from my harddrive but I don't get an output message.

The Sxmb_moni (process) indicates status is OK. But "outbound status" of all three messages has a clock.

Are they waiting for something?

How can I get the output message?

Is there anything wrong with my configuration?

Thanks

Goekhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokhan,

Yes your messages are being collected by the BPM and is waiting for the terminating condition to come out of the BPM process to do the merging of multiple messages and provide you with the output.

Now you can see in your SXMB_MONI that your receiver service will be your Integration Process. Now once the termination condition of your BPM is reached you'll get another message with teh sender service as your integration process.

Check whats the termination condition you have given. In case you identify that the termination condition is wrong then go to transaction SWWL and delete the already started BPM instance of yours and then retrigger with a new file from your hard drive location as otherwise the new messages will get into this indefinite waiting condition.

Cheers

JK

PS: Award points if this helps you

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The clock shows that your messages are in the BPM and being collected. But for the collect to end there sud be a deadline specified. Do check what is termination condition as specified by jayakrishnan nair. For SWWL transacation do refer this blog >> /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/12/07/transformation-error-and-still-stuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayakrishnan

Thanks for the answer. I think you are right and the problem is the termination condition.

But I don't know if I gave any termination condition and how to do that?

I think I have to delete previously started BPM instances in SWWL as you mentioned. But how can find out the right ones in that long list of instances? Can I delete all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokhan,

Dont delete all the instances in SWWL. What you can do is that in the selection screen for SWWL transaction, you can provide the status as 'STARTED' and you'll be able to find your process instance running and you can delete the same. As soon as a BPM instance is instatiated one entry will come in this transaction. This activity you can do in case if its going into ERROR also.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Where do I specify the end condition for the collection??

In the fork step (end condition) ?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>>In the fork step (end condition) ?

Yes....

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for that confirmation.

I deleted the waiting work items.

How can I formulate an end condition like, after all three steps have been received...???

I think this is the easiest way.

Regard

Goekhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goekhan,

For a FORK step in BPM to be completed...it has to have either one of the 2 conditions below satisfied...

1.The process has run through the required number of branches

2.The specified end condition has returned true

This is from SAP help..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/e2283f2bbad036e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

So you would not have to give an end condition, if the required no. of branches in your fork step is 3 and the receive in each of the 3 steps is completed...

Thanks,

Renjith

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/e2283f2bbad036e10000000a114084/content.htm

As specified there :

+As soon as a branch reaches the union operator at runtime, the system checks the following conditions in the specified order:

· The process has run through the required number of branches

· The specified end condition has returned true

The step is complete as soon as one of the conditions returns true.+

So if you want your fork step to wait till all the three messages reach then give no end condition.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks for your participations and answers.

Ok I got you both.I don't have to give any end condition because I want all three messages to arrive.

But here is the crucial question from the beginning.

Why do I still have a clock in sxmb_moni for the three arriving messages, although I deleted the work items??

Regards

Goekhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check these...

You have 3 steps in the FORK....right

and each of these steps are having a receive step....

and have been correlated...

can you verify in the workflow log (by clicking in the PE link in SXMB_MONI) and see that all the 3 receive steps

has been executed...

Thanks,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have three receive messages in the fork.

They are correlated.

Yes, all three receive steps are green in PE when I click on "list with technical details".

When I click on "graphical workflow log" the tranformation step and the send new message step are also completed.

But no message...

Regards

Goekhan

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Strange problem !!!!

Just recheck your complete BPM...

1) Check the mode of BLOCK, it should be default.

2) see whether all receive steps start process checkbox is ticked and each have their own corelation container and asynchronous mode.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

yes it is strange.

All three messages are indicated as start.

I have only one correlation container with "ID" and involved messages are three. In the properties window under Correlation, I use always the ID of the FirstMessage to correlate the message.

Could it be that a receiver determination is missing?

I have inserted 4.

From Business System to Integration process: 3

From Integration Process to Business System: 1

Regards.

Goekhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anyone

At the time of writing this message I was on SP9. Now I tried the same with SP16 and it worked.

Maybe you have to upgrade. It is always a good idea to upgrade as much as possible

Regards,

Gokhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gökhan,

I have more questions.

Can you send me your e-mail adress?

to : koekce@fh-wolfenbuettel.de

Answers (0)