Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump While debugging.

former_member799868
Participant
0 Kudos

I have developed one report when i am running it normally it works fine.when i run the report in debuggibg mode its gives as dump.what would be the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is any select..endselect then dump will come when it processes through this statement.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This could be due to some memory issue...

Just check in ST22 transasction, it will give you the cause of dump and the ways to resolve

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

well we cant tell you much without some dump information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you having Select..Endselect Statament.

Thanks & Regards,

Navneeth K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is any select..endselect then dump will come when it processes through this statement.

0 Kudos

Yes I have writen Select ..endselect..

0 Kudos

Hi,

You will get the dump only if you have a break-pont set up in the Select... Endselect Statement.

Also please tell me how you are trying to Debug ? Are you using '/h' before executing or are you placing a breakpoint and executing ? Try both .. one of them may work.

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos

Then a dump will come .. when it processes through this statement. Since the control passes between application server and database server in between this statements.

0 Kudos

Is it cleared now ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont put any break point between select..endselect statements.

Ramesh