cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency in PO not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys!

Does anybody have any idea if there is any way not to allow a certain currency in a purchase order?

Regards,

Ileana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ileana,

It will be possible if you have only USD and EUR entries in the table V_CURC, which should not be the case!

If there is a chance for the same vendor having two currencies, why dont you have the vendor master be created with seperate P.Org, so that you can accomodate both the currencies in the VMR, and use the appropirate P.Org while creating the PO. And also keep the Currency field at display mode for the document type as discussed earlier...

Trust this will resolve your issue.

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make the currency field at display mode for the PO document type, in this case the Currency will only get defaulted from the Vendor Master Record, which will not allow the end user to alter.

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

But is there any way to make a setting to for in which you define that for a PO for example only EUR and USD are allowed?

Ileana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ileana,

Its all depends on the vendor you chose in the PO.

regards

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answers, but I want to make it somehow possible that the user don't overwrite the currency in the PO with some strange currencies, so I'd like for example to get an error message if they overwrite this with a strange value.

Regards,

Ileana

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

> check for the setting in the SPRO --> MM --> Purchasing > Po> define screen layout --> Me21n create PO > see details for it-> here check whether its possible...If the field is given then make it display field only...

It is allowed only when you have defined it in Material master reocrd....

You can use different currencies in the MMR...Base unit of measure, Order unit etc....

have currency conversion defined....

If using exchange rates then maintain it in OB08...

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P