cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price group effect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where the client has a customer for whom the client creates a sales order for the customer at 3 different prices in the same state.

So i have diffrenenciated that by using the price group A1,A2 & A3.So when that customer's sales order is created i select the price group for the effect to take place at header level,But at item level i have to carry out new pricing manually for all the products (say the SO has 20 FG in the SO line item).

So is there any other way where i can select the required price group and the same effect takes place at the item level for all the products so we need not do it manually as done now.

Please Suggest me some solution

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks i will try ur solutions.....any simple solutions to my question are welcome

ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you have 2 general alternatives. one that is fully automatic, and one that will require you to do some manual entry in the sales order.

in both cases, it will be useful if you use price groups in your access. you can enter field KONDA (price group) in your access sequence. assign the access sequence to your pricing condition type (e.g. PR00).

now, when you create price condition records using PR00, price groups will be relevant for price determination. your condition record will look something like this:

Customer + Sales Org + Dist chnl + Price Grp + Material + price

A1001 + 1000 + 01 + A1 + T50A2 + $ 10.00

A1001 + 1000 + 02 + A2 + T50A2 + $ 11.00

A1001 + 1000 + 03 + A3 + T50A2 + $ 11.50

1. automatic pricing

when you create sales orders, prices of materials will be determined on the basis of price grp. the limitation of this solution is that you will have to maintain the CMR in different sales areas as each CMR/sales area can accomodate only 1 price group (in which case, you don't need price groups as the distribution channel can become the defining key).

2. manual entry in sales order

or, if you do not maintain CMR in 3 sales areas, you will have to manually change the price group in the sales order and update pricing.

price groups are at their most usefulness when you have different customers belonging to different price groups, and don't really apply to a customer within the same sales area.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks jonathan for the reply....I liked the way u put ur last sentence.

But is there no other alternative to only solution of changing manually in sales order by updating for all line items

ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

sadly, if you want auto pricing, the system must source from the existing CMR, MMR and pricing condition records. if there is only 1 option available as default per master data (e.g. price group) then you will have no choice but to make manual entries in the sales order.

however, there is another way. you can still do auto pricing by sales document type. what you do is define 3 sales doc types with different document pricing procedures, which will be assigned at tcode OVKK (you can maintain just 1 sales area). let's say, the following:

1. ZOR1, with document pricing procedure 3 (for price group A1), assigned to pricing procedure zva001 and condition type ZR01

2. ZOR2, with document pricing procedure 4 (for price group A2), assigned to pricing procedure zva002 and condition type ZR02

3. ZOR3, with document pricing procedure 5 (for price group A3), assigned to pricing procedure zva003 and condition type ZR03

now, then you create 3 pricing condition records for the same material using condition types ZR01, ZR02 and ZR03 (in lieu of PR00). price groups will actually not be valid anymore.

you then use the appropriate doc type for the same customer based on the intentions of the price group.

of course, as in everything else the more options you have, the more chances for errors.

nevertheless, here is hoping that you find these ideas useful and maybe lead you to the appropriate solution.

best regards.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ajay

You can define price groups according to the needs of your organization and create pricing records for each group. You can, for example, define a group of customers to whom you want to give the same kind of discount. You can assign a price group to an individual customer either in the customer master record or in the sales document.

The sam u can define in Tcode OVSL

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are lots of fields in Sales order which do not change the price immidiately after they are changed. One such field that i came across is the Batch in a Sales Order.

To make the prices change immidiately after you change the price group is by using the follwing user exit USEREXIT_NEW_PRICING_VBKD in Include MV45AFZB.

Put the following code in the exit:

if vbkd-konda ne *vbkd-konda.

new_pricing = 'B'.

endif.

Its very simple and the only way to achieve this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay

In SPRO SD BF's Pricing Exclusion of condition types / condition records you can find the solution. Here SAP find best out of possible condition types. Try this

Regards

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

One option will mass changes :

To change the pricing in the mass , you can use VA05 and change the pricing in the mass by going to Edit > Mass change > New pricing > carry out new pricing procedure

Other work around would be, You also look at the option of sales group > plan it sales grouping accordingly and maintain the condition record according to sales group

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi DV,

Iam not talking of thye changes to be made after sales order are created and saved.Iam talking about during processing.Please understand my problem

ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ajay

You are wanted to create different sales order with different price for same material and same customer right?

I would suggest that, use the strategically sale groups..

And have key combination of customer / Material / Sales Group to create the condition record.

When you enter in initial screen of VA01 enter the sales group required for your different price

It will meet your requirement

Regards