Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resize cl_gui_dialogbox_container SIZE_CONTROL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In most object oriented languages I can catch an event using the signal to execute some process. Typical events like mouse clicks and mouse movements are usually implemented. So are resizing events for windows ...

I a beginner in ABAP OO programming but I see that the cl_gui_dialogbox_container has a SIZE_CONTROL event which I thought could be handled in the same way as the CLOSE event. But I am unable to use this. Furthermore the other events RIGHT_CLICK LEFT_CLICK_DESIGN MOVE_CONTROL LEFT_CLICK_RUN I can not catch either.

Can someone give me some indication on the way to use these in a program.

Thanks,

PD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Please check this thread

Good luck

Narin

2 REPLIES 2

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Please check this thread

Good luck

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narin,

I have read this thread before. Its promising but this will not solve the problem I am addressing now. I have created a dialogue box, which in essence is resizable. Inside this box I have output a calander from the SAP calander class, also what I need.

The end user sees the dialogue box and the calander as he expects. However, the dialogue box may be too small.

In such a scenario the user will try to make the dialogue box bigger in order to see the entire calender. But cl_gui_dialogbox_container alows you to stretch the cintainer well beyond the size of its contents and this is what I would like to aqvoid.

I can do this in most OO languages by catching the resize event like this :

on resize

check new width and height.

if new width > fixed value set new width to that value,

if new height > fixed value fix it to that value

otherwise accept new width and new height accordingly.

perhaps this is not possible with this class. I do not know ...

thanks,

PD