Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit center is now available in both CO and FI new GL nodes

dwarakanath_n
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Could you please let me know the reason for showing the profit center in both CO and in FI new General ledger accounting nodes.

Regards,

Dwarak.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor

Hi

Earlier profit centre was separate sub module in controlling and now it is a part of the GL in New GL Accounting concept.hence included.

Cheers

Srinivas

dwarakanath_n
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

dwarakanath_n
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. I got a clarity now in profit center in FI new GL accounting node.

Also I have seen assessment and distribution is now available in FI node (same as CO node in cost center and profit center).

Could you please give me some inputs on assessment and distribtion especially in FI new GL accounting node (Please: I'm not asking about the general explanation and difference about assessment and distribution as I'm aware about that).

Thanks.

Regards,

Dwarak.

dwarakanath_n
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all your information.

In case of CO module, if we need to create profit center group or masters, we need to have standard hierarchy which needs to be created in line with controlling area settings.

My question is that what special significance it makes if it is created in FI new GL accounting node, simply not because of the reason that it has a segment attached to it. Do we still require controlling area settings for creating profit center related details in FI new GL accounting node? Please clarify.

Thanks & Regards,

Dwarak.

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes...we need all the controlling area settings like earlier regarding PC. No changes

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ECC 6 has a concept called as NEW GL and segment reporting.The segment is entered in profit center master record.

Aravind