Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Routine on update rules

Hi,

I have a problem in writing one of the routines on the update rules of Cube. Lemme explain the scenario , we have two infoobjects WORK COUNTRY and WORKCOUNTRY TEXT . Work country contains three columns , "WORK COUNTRY , SHORT TEXT , LONG TEXT" . Work country_text contains three columns, " WORK COUNTRY_TEXT, SHORT TEXT , AND LONG TEXT". Short text and long text fields in both the table are empty . WORK COUNTRY field contains company codes like JE, USA, AL. WORK COUNTRY_TEXT contains the name of country , eg. JAPAN, AMERICA, INDIA. The requirements is,i need to populate all the data of the first column of the WORK COUNTRY to the corresponding fields of the second column of work country_text such that the country codes JE to populate after JAPAN. AL populate ALBANIA and so on.

The problem is we are not having any foreign relationship with the two tables from where we can fetch the data from workcountry and populate it into workcountry_text. can you please help me WRT this ABAP code Routine.

Edited by: Pradeep Hunashikatti on Oct 13, 2008 1:07 PM

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question