cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the plant and storage location is determined automatically in a sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While creating the sales order for a customer, if i enter the Material Number and press 'Enter' then Plant,storage location and other details are populated automatically.

How this plant and storage location is determined in the sales order ? And one more point, is it anyhow dependent on the customer also?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sanjeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

In sales order plant is determined from material only. In the customer master if delivering plant say X & in material master delivering plant Y. Then in sales order system determined the plant Y only. But if you have not maintained plant in material master & plant maintained in customer master then system determined from customer master

If you want to see the sales view of customer go XD03 / VD03.

Further storage location is automatically determined by the assignment in SPRO shipping conditions , loading group & plant

Hope this will clear yout doubt

Regards

Award points if useful & close the thread

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Thanks for ur response.

I got the Shipping Point corresponding to the Order Type>Shipping Condition>Loading Group-->Shipping Point.

But I did not get the Storage Location.

Can you help me on that?

Regards

Sanjeet

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is picking determination (T. Code - OVL3) and determines the Storage Location on the basis of (Shipping Point + Plant + Storage Conditions)

So for group of materials you can assign the storage conditions in material master "Plant Storage Location Data1" view and do the picking determination.

For e.g.

0001	0001		0001
0001	0001 01 	0002
0001	0001 02 	0003

Blank, 01, 02 are the storage conditions assigned in the material master storage location data 1 view. And on the basis of this different storage locations can be determined in delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeet

Define storage location in Enterprise structure materials management

SPRO Logistics execution Shipping Shipping point & goods receiving point Assign Shipping Points. Here you assign Shipping conditions loading group PLANT & Shipping point

In the same area you can maintain loading groups & shipping conditions.

The created

Loading group assign in material master- Sales general plant View

Shipping Condition assign in customer master sale data- shipping tab

Actually SAP defines diffrent ways you can define the storage locations. In this combination you system can determine storage location automatically

Hope this will clarify you

Award points if this answers your query & close the thread

Thanks

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeet,

Please check in the MMR - Sales: Sales Org 1 view, in the general data there is a field as Delivering plant, the usage is as below:

Delivering Plant (Own or External)

Plant from which the goods should be delivered to the customer.

Use

This plant is automatically copied into the sales order item as the default value.

Procedure

If there is no default value when you process the sales order item, enter a delivering plant.

The value proposed in the item is either

from the customer master record of the goods recipient, or

from the material master record

The system checks whether it can propose a value (and for your own plants, whether the material has been created in the plant). If the system can propose a value, the plant is copied to the sales order item where you can change it as required.

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in your customer master "sales area data" - Shipping tab, there is a field for delivering plant, from this field the default plant is getting populated in the sales order.

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merwyn,

Thanks for ur response.

In our system , the tab 'Sales Area data' is disabled.

Any other option to check it out?

Thanks,

Sanjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merwyn,

I got the Sales Area data....and hence I got the Plant also...

Now can u tel me where the Storage Location is set for this material,plant and shipping point.

From where the storage location is determined automatically?

Thanks,

Sanjeet