Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Downloading a PAR file from portal to edit in NWDS

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a step by step procedure to locate an iView in the portal that is provided by SAP and download its PAR file for editing in NWDS. Later on editing the PAR file i want to use that iview in portal again. Could anyone explain me the standard procedure for doing this.

I am looking to download the Travel Expense Report iView from the portal and edit it in NWDS. I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Gopal,

First thing is, you should not change SAP standard code. If you do so, you would not get support from SAP.

Anyway, please find the steps of how to find a par related to and iView and how to import it to NWDS for changing the code.

1: Open the iView properties and locate the "Code link" property. What you have there is the par file name with the portal component name. The last part of it is the component name. E.g. if the code link has com.sap.iview.blabla, then blabla is the portal component name and rest of it is the par file name.

2: Navigate to System Administration --> Support --> Portal Runtime --> Brows deployment and find for the par file name.

3: Download the par file in your local machine. It should be downloaded in the format .par.bak

4: Manually remove the .bak and have it just as .par. Then open the NWDS and import the par.

Note: SAP does not provide you with the codes of SAP standard pars. If you want to do that, you will have to decompile and get the codes. But again, SAP would not support such code. So, beware before doing such change.

I hope this clarifies what you were looking for.

Regards

Mukesh

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question