Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bapi Transaction Commit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing bapi uploads now..and i done

Sales Order,

Material Master,

Purchase Order,

Customet Master Uploads.

when iam doing these

i did't use Bapi_Transaction_Commit for SalesOrder and Material and Customer mster uploads.Then Also my database table is sucessfully updated.but when i did't give for Purchase Order upload it is not updating the data base so that i used Transaction Commit.

My question is When we Need Bapi_Transation_Commit???

bec. it is not mandatory for all Bapi's.

Thank you,

MadhuRao.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding......Some BAPI's has got COMMIT functionality provided in them ..whereas some don't.....and hence you need to first look for the same in BAPI code.......to be on safer side ...use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT...........

9 REPLIES 9

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

It is required for transactions developed externally to the R/3 System that change data in the R/3 System via BAPI calls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you need to update database, you have to use bapi Transaction Commit.

Regards,

Dhanunjaya Reddy

0 Kudos

Hi

i already mentioned that with out using bapi_transactio_commit also i updated my database tables sucessfully.but i did't updated my databsae table for purchase order upload.in that i used transaction commit after that my db table is updated.

my question is what is diffrent is these bapi's? when i need this fm?

Thank you,

Madhu Rao.

Mohamed_Mukhtar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

If you are using BAPI's in non-SAP systems then BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is mandatory.

Since BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is also an RFC , it will work fine in non-SAP systems.

If you are using BAPI's in SAP R/3 systems then BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is not mandatory.If you use COMMIT WORK it will also updates database tables

"Note : Correct me if i'm wrong

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: Always Learner on Oct 10, 2008 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding......Some BAPI's has got COMMIT functionality provided in them ..whereas some don't.....and hence you need to first look for the same in BAPI code.......to be on safer side ...use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT...........

0 Kudos

Hi All, BAPI doesnt have COMMIT inside we need to call the COMMIT Transaction after calling the BAPI function. Sometimes SAP will do auto commit after a session is over. we cant say when that commit is executed. So it better to call BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT after every BAPI call.

Regards,

Jey

satsrockford
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

A transaction is completed either using a COMMIT WORK command or a ROLLBACK command. A BAPI transaction must be ended by calling the BAPIs BapiService.Transaction Commit() or BapiService.TransactionRollback().

The transaction-controlling BAPIs BAPIService.TransactionCommit and BAPIService.TransactionRollback are only available as of Release 4.5. In Release 4.0, please use the function modules BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT and BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK, in their place. The result of these function modules is identical to calling the BAPIs.

regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish and jey..

iam working on ECC 6 .but i have to give bapi_transaction_commit for Purchase Order Create..else it is not updating.

so this po bapis does't have bapi roll back internally?

Thanks,

Madhu Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks