cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Not Getting Trigerred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We want to configure for Alert Management. We have created Alert category in ALRTCATDEF by giving the container variable, short text and log text and Fixed user.

In RWB we have created the Rule by using above said category . When I execute RSALERTTEST program, I can see the messsage in the ALERT inbox of recipients. I can also see teh entry in SLG1.

To check the alert management I have created on scenario with out Receiver Determination, so that message will fail in SXMB_MONI. This is happening, however the Alert is not getting triggered, We are not getting any message in ALERT INBOX . I observerd that there is no entry in SLG1 also.

What should I do to get alert.

Regards,

Raghvendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to ALRTCATDEF transaction select ur alert catagory and go to fixed receipient tab and check whether the person name is mentioned or not.

Also go to SU01 transaction and check the email address is mentioned for that user or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Fixed recipient tab we have mentioned the user ID. In SU01 the email address is not mentioned since we do not want to send the Alert mesage to the external mail ID. our requirement is to send only Alert to alert Inbox. When I run RSALERTTEST program I can see the message Alert Inbox of the Mentioned recipient in the Fixed recipient.

regards,

raghvendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I checked by creating Mapping Error, I got the alert, however when there is error because of Receiver Determination or Password wrong then I am not getting the Alert, Please guide me How should I get the Alert even if message is failing anywhere.

Regards,

Raghvendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i got ur Q..can you check the container variable, After the receiver determination...

If empty, then Trigger the Alert..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anand,

Thank you for reply. I am not clear about your proposed solution. can you please give me some details. My Problem is not yet solved.

Regards,

Raghvendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the alert rule u please give *** in the text boxes and check no restriction radio button and check... may u r giving the correct values over there.

Thanks,

Madhav

Note: Points If Useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Alert rules depends on the condition you have given in alert configuration use no restriction if you dont want to define where to generate alert

Thanks

Gaurav