Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

javascript problem in the browser .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

When i going to run my webdynpro application it is showing some problem as

"Javascript is not correctly installed in your browser" can any body tell me about this problem?

as iam missing to see the layout........please suggest me the solution.

Edited by: Murthy Ganti on Oct 10, 2008 1:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Javascript is not correctly installed in your browser

Have you checked to see if JavaScript is actually disabled? What browser are you using? In IE the setting is in Tools->Internet Options->Security->Custom Level - then the Scripting section of the options. Some companies lock down the security settings for particular zones too tightly. You might have to have the WebAS URL added to a different security zone or have the zone settings changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murthy,

check this note 979039

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually there is a wrong in my question. the Actual question is iam getting an error like "javascript is not activated in your browser".

regards,

Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Murthy,

Check whether you maintained Fully Qualified domain(FQDN) in host file or not.If not try to give your full host name and Ip address in host file.Also check this document.

Path to go to host file

Go to RUN from Windows ->drivers->etc->hosts.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/67/be9442572e1231e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear suman,

yes i saw in the error that is having only hostname....and it is not having in the way which is like in the document provided by you. can you please guide me like at what step i need to do those settings in the installation or what ever it may be......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

Do in this way.

Go to RUN from start button of your windows desktop,in the pop up type drivers->etc->hosts.Open hosts file in notepad,this is the place you have to maintain the FQDN.

in the host file write like this.

your server(SAP) ip address(you will get this from sap logon pad) then give one tab space and write your host address.I you are not sure then ask your BASIS guys about host address.

Eg.

10.1.161.13 xxx.xxx.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear suman,

I tried with the one what you have suggested.But still it is having a problem.

i have given like

ipaddess hostname

and saved that host. and ran the application. can you come up the further step please......?

Regards,

Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Murthy,

After IP address press tab button and then give host name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear suman,

i have given like that . ipaddress and hostname seperated by tabspace.but still having problem.