cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple BOM activation in Subcontracting Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have a Material With Multiple BOM.At the time of Subcontracting order based on the Vendor it will Vary.

If i explode the BOM in Subcontracting Order it is taking Default of the first BOM.

It has to be Choosen Manually from the Multiple BOM.

Please advice how to do and if Configurations Required.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the detailed note below..

If an assembly is produced by different subcontractors or produced in-house with different BOMs, the system is to take this into account during the BOM explosion in the planning run.

Prerequisites

u2022 You have entered the special procurement key Subcontracting in the material master (MRP 2 view) of the assembly.

u2022 You have created a production version in the material master (MRP 4 view) of the assembly, in which you have entered the alternative BOM relevant to the subcontractor/vendor.

u2022 You have entered this production version in the purchasing info record for the subcontractor.

u2022 You have entered the subcontractor in the source list or in the quota arrangement for this assembly. If you do not use quota arrangements, you have to set the Record relevant to MRP indicator in the MRP column of the source list.

u2022 You have set the Scheduling info record/agreement indicator in Customizing for MRP in the IMG activity Define external procurement.

Integration

You can find the transactions for maintaining info records and the source list in the Purchasing menu, under Master data.

Features

u2022 Material requirements planning adopts the production version from the subcontractoru2019s purchasing info record and explodes the corresponding alternative BOM that is defined in the production version. This also applies to planned orders and purchase requisitions.

Regards

Merwyn

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member206394
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your immediate response.

I need to know for a Same vendor it is possible to select Manually the BOM from the Multiple BOM at the time of Order or everytime before the order we need to change the info record (prod.version).

Example in Production order OPL8 we can set the BOM selection as Manual so that at every order a Pop-up will generate for the selection of BOM.

Thanks.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to CS01 and here create BOM for Material AAA with XYZ and save.

And again go to CS01 and create BOM for AAA with EFG, system will automatically create alternative BOM no 2 for this BOM.

And to use this in Subcontracting PO, create production version for material AAA in C223 and assign Production Version 2 with alternative BOM 2 in Subcontracting Purchase Info Record of Material AAA.

During PO processing, system will automatically copy BOM 2 in PO, but to select BOM1, click on "Explode BOM" button in "Material" Tab at Item details level in ME21N.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. C223 - Create 2 Production Versions for the FG as per the 2 Alternative BOMs

For e.g. 0001 for Alternative BOM 1 and 0002 for Alternative BOM 2

2. ME11 - Create Subcontracting Purchase Info Record (Here in "Purchasing Data 1" screen, specify the Production Version "0001" or "0002" as per vendor requirement)

3. ME21N - In PO, system will propose the BOM as per Production Version maintained in Purchase Info record.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain production versions for the alternative BOMs and assign them to subcon-info records.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/b2/fa1ed4d51d11d1a69e0000e83235d4/frameset.htm

The suitable BOM will explode automatically.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 10, 2008 11:02 AM