cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Save Workbook As ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

"Save Workbook as ..." option is disable in Workbooks. How to enable...?

Please provide some details regarding required authorizations and settings.

We are at BI 7, level : SAPKW70015.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind Regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194802
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If the user would only have this authorization for S_USER_AGR

in his profile, the user would be allowed to display workbooks

You need to use authorization object S_USER_AGR, and give activity 03 to the role you want to protect for end users.

A key user allowed to modify workbooks on that role should have an * on activity.

Also make sure that all your users have these authorization objects with these values:

S_BDS_D Activity 03

S_BDS_DS Activity 01, 02, 03, 30

And

S_USER_TCD *

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do your auths look like?

Have you tried to add the following:

S_GUI, S_BDS_DS, S_USER_AGR, S_USER_TCD.

Also have a look at:

Regards,

Sbuda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sbuda,

We are able to "Save Workbook as" now by adding authorizations S_BDS_D with value 03.

But its working when system is open only. If system is locked(means not available for changes - production) then able to save work book in favorites but not able to open.

We are getting message "Unable to find workbook on server"

Please suggest.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I'm not to sure were this problem might lie, However I have some suggestions:

1. You mentioned that this is PRD, have you tried to open the workbook when the system is closed from SCC4 but the object changebility has been set to editable in RSA1? RSA1 >> Transport Connection >> Object Changability; then see if you can enable Workbooks to "Everything Changeble"

2. Have you seen "SAP Note 1129764 - BW 70 BEx: Authorization for workbooks". The note suggests that users might not see workbooks if there are no roles assigned to the users.

3. Have you opened an OSS Message ? I assume there is some urgency - since this is PRD.

Kind Regards,

Sbuda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sbuda,

Thanks a lot for your reply...

1. You mentioned that this is PRD, have you tried to open the workbook when the system is closed from SCC4 but the object changebility has been set to editable in RSA1? RSA1 >> Transport Connection >> Object Changability; then see if you can enable Workbooks to "Everything Changeble"

--> I tried this aswell, no use. But i dont want to do this, as i am giving access to create new workbooks and save into favourites only, not to change any existing once.... in that we no need to make this change.

2. Have you seen "SAP Note 1129764 - BW 70 BEx: Authorization for workbooks". The note suggests that users might not see workbooks if there are no roles assigned to the users.

--> Not applicable, we dont have problem to access workbooks assigned in roles.

3. Have you opened an OSS Message ? I assume there is some urgency - since this is PRD.

--> Yes.

I also find a note: 1052085 - Prevent save of workbook in case of non-changeable BW system, but this is for support pack 14, but we are at 15. need to do some more investigation..!!

Srini