Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Standard Work Flow

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can I Activate the standard workflow?How to trigger the standard work flow when ever a button is clicked on the protal page suppose "SAVE" Button.

Thanks In Advance, Any links and documents are encouraged

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Go to swdd and check basic data part get bor type and event. Then, call function module "SWE_EVENT_CREATE" in bsp class method or web dynpro method.

2. You can also go to SPRO, and check whether you can find related workflow settings under corresponding module. So, this way depends on your specfic module

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply, But what i exactly want is , the steps and the approach that is needed to activate the workflow for the event which we want. I mean the standard work flow which is triggring for some other event ,I want to make it trigger to the other event which is different from the standard event.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A small suggestion would be to copy the standard template into a custom template(Tcode : PFTC_COP) and add your event to the triggering event of the template. Just make sure that you make the status of the standard event as 'Inactive' so that both the workflows don't get triggered for the event.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Samson

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samson

Thanks but

Just make sure that you make the status of 
the standard event as 'Inactive'

How the above operation is possible making a event of workflow inactive. For you to give an idea the same BOR consists both the events but i don't want to trigger the workflow for the event which SAP has defined instead i want to trigger the workflow for the same BOR but other event how can i acheive this.

Thanks In Advance

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I meant to say was....when you make a copy of the standard template, both the workflows will be triggered if the standard event is published in the system. To avoid that, go to the triggering events tab of the custom workflow template that you have just created and check the event linkage is inactive for the standard event and is active for the event that you are going to add. In this way, though the event is published in the system, only the standard workflow will be triggered.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Samson

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still Not clear with the answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Am New to Workflow, Please give me some link where i can find some Course Material for Workflow

It Would be great help form you.

Thanks a Lot !!!!

Santosh