Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Error on Wily Introscope startup

Hi all,

Hope you can help me. I installed Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager on a Solution Manager 7.0 under SLES 10.

During the installation I encountered the problem that some shared object files couldn't be found. I could solve this problem by replacing every export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL by #xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL.

But on the Introscope Enterprise Manager startup, I get the same problem and probably a new one. Replacing the expressions as mentioned above works again for the shared object file error messages, though I think this solution is not very optimal, as # is the comment symbol in the startup script.

The new errors I get with both startup scripts, and which I just can't get rid of are:

./Introscope_Enterprise_Manager: line 1708: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/: is a directory

./Introscope_Enterprise_Manager: line 1708: exec: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/: cannot execute: Success

Does anyone know what I can do about that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Maike

replied

> During the installation I encountered the problem that some shared object files couldn't be found. I could solve this problem by replacing every export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL by #xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL.

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL is no more evaluated on SLES 10.

> ./Introscope_Enterprise_Manager: line 1708: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/: is a directory

> ./Introscope_Enterprise_Manager: line 1708: exec: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/: cannot execute: Success

Introscope needs J2EE 5.0, to what did you set your JAVA_HOME?

Markus

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question