cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Wily Introscope startup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Hope you can help me. I installed Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager on a Solution Manager 7.0 under SLES 10.

During the installation I encountered the problem that some shared object files couldn't be found. I could solve this problem by replacing every export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL by #xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL.

But on the Introscope Enterprise Manager startup, I get the same problem and probably a new one. Replacing the expressions as mentioned above works again for the shared object file error messages, though I think this solution is not very optimal, as # is the comment symbol in the startup script.

The new errors I get with both startup scripts, and which I just can't get rid of are:

./Introscope_Enterprise_Manager: line 1708: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/: is a directory

./Introscope_Enterprise_Manager: line 1708: exec: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/: cannot execute: Success

Does anyone know what I can do about that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Maike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> During the installation I encountered the problem that some shared object files couldn't be found. I could solve this problem by replacing every export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL by #xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL.

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL is no more evaluated on SLES 10.

> ./Introscope_Enterprise_Manager: line 1708: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/: is a directory

> ./Introscope_Enterprise_Manager: line 1708: exec: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/: cannot execute: Success

Introscope needs J2EE 5.0, to what did you set your JAVA_HOME?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

My JAVA_HOME was set to the directory from the error message. We have an older J2EE-Version on our systems.

I installed J2EE 5.0 on a test system and there are no errors.

Seems, that was the problem. Tanks for the advice.

Greets,

Maike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can also try one of these....

This is a problem in the Install Anywhere installer that is used by Introscope.

Solution 1: Use the platform independent installer to install the Enterprise Manager (See installation guide).

Solution 2: Modify the installer by issuing the following command on the installer::.

perl -pi -e 's/export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/#export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/'

introscope7.1.P4linuxAMD64SAPEndUser.bin

give me points..if helpful....

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed Willy 8.1 on win 2003 server (X64) .

But when I start introscope service then it stopped. I dont find any solution about my prblem. Here is the log files;

usr\sap\ccms\wilyintroscope\logs\*IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log*

-

7/24/09 12:27:05 AM EEST [INFO] [Manager.Authentication] Configured the Manager of Managers user using private key internal/server/EM.private

7/24/09 12:27:05 AM EEST [ERROR] [Manager] The EM failed to start. Realm null already exists.

7/24/09 12:27:05 AM EEST [INFO] [Manager] Shutting down the Isengard server

7/24/09 12:27:05 AM EEST [INFO] [Manager] Orderly shutdown complete.

usr\sap\ccms\wilyintroscope\logs\*EMService.log*

-

INFO | jvm 1 | 2009/07/24 00:27:05 | Introscope Enterprise Manager failed to start because:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2009/07/24 00:27:05 | An error occurred while trying to start Isengard.

INFO | jvm 1 | 2009/07/24 00:27:05 | Press 'Enter' to acknowledge....

STATUS | wrapper | 2009/07/24 00:27:07 | <-- Wrapper Stopped

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution of the problem you could look as follows;

File created for the service user account must be used <SID> adm. Related services to be used by the file, that user must have control.

Could you please check ?

I hope that helps. Please share with us the result.

Best regards

Levent Akbas

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks so much, my problem solved.

wily services user account was empty , I used SIDadm user account (Solution manager user account) for my wily service and it works.

Edited by: FYILMAZ on Jul 26, 2009 10:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having same error. Wily is installed on seperate server from solution manager. We used domain admin

account . Installation is sucessfull but service start fails.

Emservice.log:

Introscope Enterprise Manager failed to start because:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2009/08/25 14:42:27 | An error occurred while trying to start Isengard.

INFO | jvm 1 | 2009/08/25 14:42:27 | Press 'Enter' to acknowledge....

STATUS | wrapper | 2009/08/25 14:42:29 | <-- Wrapper Stopped

InterscopeEnterpriseManaget.log:

otstrap] Load all Management Modules complete.

8/25/09 02:42:26 PM PDT [ERROR] [Manager] The EM failed to start. port out of range:0

8/25/09 02:42:26 PM PDT [INFO] [Manager.EMWebServer] Shutting down EM Web Server...

8/25/09 02:42:26 PM PDT [INFO] [Manager.EMWebServer] EM Web Server shutdown complete.

8/25/09 02:42:26 PM PDT [INFO] [Manager] Shutting down data persistence subsystem

8/25/09 02:42:26 PM PDT [INFO] [Manager] Shutting down the Isengard server

8/25/09 02:42:26 PM PDT [INFO] [Manager.DependencyMapServerBean] DependencyMapServerBean passivate

8/25/09 02:42:26 PM PDT [INFO] [Manager] Orderly shutdown complete.

Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Whats the server and OS used?

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same error.

There were a entry error in /usr/sap/ccsm/wilyintroscope/config/users.xml file (wrong entry for a user).

Best regards

P Cuennet

Answers (0)