Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help assignment to fileds of table.

MNaveen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a small problem with assignment of search helps to table fields. Here is its description.

I have created a search help for one of the fileds and i have assigned it to the field i am using in one of the structure ( both are same fileds ). Now i have created a table type with line type as the same structure.

In my report program i am declaring a internal table with the table type i have created and filling data into it and displaying it using ALV by passing this internal table to the parameter it_outtab.

I have done this for many fields in the table.

Now in the ALV display there is F4 help for all the fields i have attached Search helps except for one. I have followed the same procedure for creating and assigning search help for all them. I am unable to debug this problem.

Kindly let me know if there is any thing i can do abt it.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen. M

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Have you enabled the F4 help option in field catalog for those fields which needs F4 help?

If not try that. It should work.

Best Regards,

Ram.

0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

I am new to ABAP programming. Can u please kindly let me know how do i enable F4 help option in the field catalog.

I have one more doubt regarding displaying data on the ALV. I have set the parameter outputlen to a default

value of 20. But i want to set the lengths for each field independenlty i.e., for a field which shows serial number it has to be 7 and for one which gives description of a product it has to be 50. How do i go abt this?

Any inputs would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen M

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

You must be building a field catalog before displaying the ALV, correct.

Now in ALV, when yoiu build field catalog, there is an option for Output Length. you can specify different values based on the field in this parameter.

You can go to SE11 - in TYPE GROUP - type "SLIS". Here you can find different options that you can make use of for proper display.

Best Regards,

Ram.

MNaveen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur time and help...