cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR Server 2008 with CR 2008 SP1 crashes on start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed CR Server 2008 (Free Trial) and CR 2008 - everything with default settings. Both server and designer ran fine. After installing CR 2008 SP1 and restarting the server, CR Server cannot start. When I run CCM, the error window with following message is displayed (same as here: 😞

SvcMgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ?CanStackDump@SLogger@CXLib400@@SA_NXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library cxlibw-4-0.dll.

Similar error messages (missing procedure entry point) are displayed when trying to run almost any executable file in C:Program FilesBusiness ObjectsBusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0win32_x86.

I checked the cxlibw-4-0.dll and found that it exports ?CanStackDump@SLogger@CXLib400@@YA_NXZ. Before installing SP1 everything worked, so I assume that CR 2008 SP1 cannot be installed on the machine with CR 2008 Server as it contains only files for CR 2008.

Is this a known bug? Did I forget to install something else?

Is there any way to run CR 2008 Server and CR 2008 SP1 on same server?

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I recommend to post this query to the [BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration|; forum.

This forum is dedicated to topics related to administration and configuration of BusinessObjects Enterprise, BusinessObjects Edge, and Crystal Reports Server.

It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Also, all BOE Administration queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Best regards,

Falk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I re-posted my question to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration forum. If anyone knows the answer, please continue here: