cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can the parameters field be used in a Crystal report when it is opened in the Viewer?

The viewer version I am using is 12.2.0.r325.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Ainsworth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using 3rd party tool since BO supplied tool does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

What sort of third party tool are you using?

Thanks

Preeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I have used a toolset created by Groff Automation (http://homepages.udayton.edu/~groffkep/) to distribute the Crystal Reports.

It is quite good, and supplied free of charges.

Good luck.

Dave Ainsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it can be used as far as I can see. Just drag and drop it onto your work space.

Regards

Jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Thank you for your help.

When I use a parameter in Crystal Reports it works fine, when i run the saved report in Crystal Reports Viewer (Downloaded from the Business Objects site) the report does not ask for the parameters.

Does Crystal Reports Viewer support the parameter request?

Regards

Dave Ainsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I am downloading the updated version 2008 of the viewer, going to test my report and let you know.

As far as version XI is concern you can't really use them on viewer.

Regards

Jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an interesting information about the newer viewer.

"Use on-report sort buttons and interactive parameters to narrow down your data selection and get more relevant information. Interact with dynamic graphs and Xcelsius what-if scenarios directly in your report. And get a better view of your data via on-report crosstabs, barcodes and dynamically adjustable page layoutsu2014without having to install a report designer."

I have copied above from the BO link here

[http://www.businessobjects.com/product/catalog/crystalreports_viewer/]

and it seems the newer version does support the parameters.

Though going to test mine once downloaded

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I don't think it asks you for the parameters. I checked my reports too and it didn't prompt for the parameter value though it states that the newer version does however it doesn't seem that it does.

Regards

Jehanzeb

Edited by: Jehanzeb Navid on Oct 10, 2008 11:31 AM

On the other hand if you read the help file it states:

"To select parameter values

To select parameter values, a report must have interactive parameters, and you must have sufficient rights. If you cannot view or change parameter values, see the report author.

Select the parameter values in one of the following ways:

Select the parameter directly in the u201CParameteru201D panel by entering a new value and pressing Enter.

Select parameters from a list of parameters.

Click Edit, or anywhere in the field to open an advanced editing dialog box, enter the new values, and click OK."