cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML Saver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created simple transaction (HTML Loader -> HTML Saver) and I tried to save loaded content. File was saved, but when I try to open it (double-click on it in xMII Workbench) I get alert box with an error message: 'Null' (label of this alert window is 'Error') and red triangle icon with exclamation mark in it

When I exported saved html file it has 126 KB. Is it to big?

Thanks and Regards,

Mateusz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try saving it using web:// instead of db://

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good catch Christian!

If you save it as db://, it does not get published. Use web:// as he suggests, then try it again.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used web:// instead of db:// and still nothing.

And I am using HTML Loader to load the content. Content is the html file generated by MII, xslt, JavaScript and Css.

I already exported file and looks good.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you open the exported html file from your browser?

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post the file here as a txt file? I would like to do some testing myself with your scenario.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

maybe I will send to you my transaction and html output file via email?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds good. I will do some testing.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mateusz,

I got your files and did some testing. I can't duplicate your problem, but have some thoughts on things to try.

web://Development/WEB/Examples/Tmp/tmp.html is the URL.

Depending upon which version of 12.0 (which version do you have?), you may need to use this (remove WEB from the path) as your url:

web://Development/Examples/Tmp/tmp.html

Also, I noticed from your HTML Loader, that you are going to an explicitly addressed website which is from an instance of MII. Is this the same system you are saving to? If so, try using the local file reference (web://Development/...) instead of the http url. That will avoid security.

I added a tracer between the Loader and Saver action blocks. You can use that verify that the html is being loaded properly. I will send my version back to you. And I will be happy to send it to other folks if they are interested. I removed all company references and I am using a public website as a test vehicle.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike and Christian! I was struggling with the XML Saver and HTML Saver for a while. I had an issue where I would execute the HTML Saver, it would create the file successfully, but it would not publish (i.e. be available via the URL). I am posting this so that others may catch this in a search.

Cheers!

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What string path are you using for the HTMLSaver action?

Former Member
0 Kudos

db://<catalog1>/<catalog2>/<catalog3>/tmp.html

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mateusz,

Your path should be something like this:

"db://<projectname>/WEB/<foldername>/tmp.html"

The html is saved on the WEB side of the workbench, not the catalog side. Give it a try and see if you have more success. I would also delete the initial file you saved using your original path, if MII (actually NetWeaver) will allow it.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Oct 13, 2008 1:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am saving on the Web side...

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a troubleshooting option, can you export the file? Then try to open it in a text editor (notepad).

Perhaps there are some problems with the syntax/links. Are you doing the HTML Loader on a file that you built in the workbench or just importing it from the internet?

Also, check back and make sure the path is correct from a case sensitivity perspective.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Oct 13, 2008 2:59 PM