cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP BOM.can i add only the PPM info to existing CVCs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

can i add only the PPM/BOM informations to the already existing CVCs? I am using DP-BOM, i have already created a set of CVCs manually, now when i do "ADD BOM INFORMATION" using tcode /SAPAPO/MC62 , the system creates new CVCs with combinations as per the output product, but i want only the PPM field to be filled in for the INPUT products?

can someone help on this?

Best Regards,

Binod

Edited by: BINOD SAHU on Oct 10, 2008 9:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binod,

Please uncheck checkbox for Delete input Prouct records in MC62 and try .

"

Deletion of CCs from Input Products (PPM=SPACE)

When the BOM information is added, the existing characteristic combinations, which differ from the characteristic combinations generated by the function only by characteristic 9APPMNAME, are deleted. With these characteristic combinations, the characteristic 9APPMNAME must be blank (SPACE). However, you can force the system not to delete these characteristic combinations. To do so, you must deselect this option.

Example

You have defined the following characteristics: 9AMATNR (product), 9APPMNAME (PPM), and 9ABRAND (brand)

You have created the following characteristic combination (MK1):

MK1: Product: P1 PPM: SPACE Brand: B1

You have defined two input products IN1 and IN2 for the output product P1 in a (PPM1)

You have also created this second characteristic combination (MK2)

MK2: Product: IN1 PPM: SPACE Brand: B1

You perform the 'Add BOM Information' function. You retain the preset default value (option is selected). This function then generates the following characteristic combinations:

MK3: Product: P1 PPM: PPM1 Brand: B1

MK4: Product: IN1 PPM: PPM1 Brand: B1

MK5: Product: IN2 PPM: PPM1 Brand: B1

The following characteristic combinations are deleted:

MK1: Product: P1 PPM: SPACE Brand: B1

MK2: Product: IN1 PPM: SPACE Brand: B1

If you deselect the option, however, only the characteristic combination MK1 is deleted.

Manish

Answers (0)