cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Return Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Kindly suggest me to upload the Stock in the Returns for the Customer Returns,since we are transporting the data to new client.

In which Movement type it will be appropriate that the stock value is not added...

Thanks & regards

T.Arulvanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though it is customer returns it is better to have valuation. Create a new storage location for returns and upload stock into that store using 561 movement type.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GLS,

Yes, I have a separate Storage Location for Returns Stock, but i need to post the Stock in Returns only not in Unrestricted Use.

Thanks & Regards

T.Arulvanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can post the stock to returns using MB1C movement type 451. But no accounting document will be generated for the material document. Whenever, the stock is moved from returns to unrestricted using MB1B movement type 453, accounting document will be generated for the material document.

I am not sure whether your FI team will accept this scenario. If your concern is that unrestricted stocks will be used in other transactions, another alternative is to use post the initital stocks to blocked stock using MB1C movement type 565 instead of unrestricted i.e. 561. The advantage is that the accounting document is created for the material document generated through 565 movement type and since the stock is in blocked stock nobody can use it.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks GSL , for your reply.

Actually i have already tested with the movement type 451 in development server and no accounting document generated.

Is that only option for this.

T.Arulvanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use 451, you will have to use subsequently 453. Instead use 565 which is better.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

But MRP can "see" return stock or not?

Thank you for help.

CM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arulvanan

I dont think, via movement type, we can control this. Check this thread which is self explanatory

[Re: Query on Returns |;

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi