bom related issue
please help in thos bom configuration.
my requirement is to create a multi level bom.
i can explain by an example
i am having a FERTmaterial name as FERT-A
under that 3more FERT materias are there Called
and 3 semifinishhed product which ll be assembled in the site only
and we also has some loose tools which alo been assembled at site
now we are despatching each group separately
like FERTs ,HALBS and Loose tools and we are billing them as per the despatches
now we need that when we prepare a bom it should show all the bom items in the sales order and the parts which are despatched they should be come as inactive or where the parial delivery of some of the bom item has happened should come with the message or some information that the partial delivery has happend.
so how to configure all this in SAP.
The scenario specified by u seems to be in need of a variant BOM. If it is, please follow the steps
1. Create a bom for ur material FERT1through cs01. Here u have to assign ur components for that particular material.
2. Then save it.
3. Through cs01 u have to create a variant bom. In cs01 u have to specify material as FERT2, give ur plant and bom usage.
4. Then click create variant of button. In the small screen u have to specify the material Fert1. Then enter.
5. It will take u to the BOM copy from screen. Then u click the copy icon.
6. There u have to specify the components needed for the product FERT2 and it's quantities. Then save it.
7. Follow the same steps for material FERT3 too.
8. The header of the bom will show u the type as variant bom.
9. These BOM s are known as variant boms. You may view the bom through cs02.
10. Otherwise if u give a name to the bom group in bom header , u may explode this bom through cs06 , which will show u all the components for all these materials. ( summarised bom)
Thanks & Regards,