Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bom related issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

please help in thos bom configuration.

my requirement is to create a multi level bom.

i can explain by an example

i am having a FERTmaterial name as FERT-A

under that 3more FERT materias are there Called

FERT1.

FERT2

FERT3

and 3 semifinishhed product which ll be assembled in the site only

called as

HALB1

HALB2

HALB3

and we also has some loose tools which alo been assembled at site

Spare 1

spare 2

spare 3

now we are despatching each group separately

like FERTs ,HALBS and Loose tools and we are billing them as per the despatches

now we need that when we prepare a bom it should show all the bom items in the sales order and the parts which are despatched they should be come as inactive or where the parial delivery of some of the bom item has happened should come with the message or some information that the partial delivery has happend.

so how to configure all this in SAP.

with regards

Subrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear subrat,

The scenario specified by u seems to be in need of a variant BOM. If it is, please follow the steps

1. Create a bom for ur material FERT1through cs01. Here u have to assign ur components for that particular material.

2. Then save it.

3. Through cs01 u have to create a variant bom. In cs01 u have to specify material as FERT2, give ur plant and bom usage.

4. Then click create variant of button. In the small screen u have to specify the material Fert1. Then enter.

5. It will take u to the BOM copy from screen. Then u click the copy icon.

6. There u have to specify the components needed for the product FERT2 and it's quantities. Then save it.

7. Follow the same steps for material FERT3 too.

8. The header of the bom will show u the type as variant bom.

9. These BOM s are known as variant boms. You may view the bom through cs02.

10. Otherwise if u give a name to the bom group in bom header , u may explode this bom through cs06 , which will show u all the components for all these materials. ( summarised bom)

Thanks & Regards,

Jeyaraman.R

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make Fert-A Phantom assembly and Sales relevant BOM.

Then in sales order, Fert-A with all its components

(Fert1, Fert2, Fert3, Halb1, Halb2, Halb3 etc.. ) appear.

If u want all other acceesories also can be defined as one Phantom assembly with another name like 'Kit'.

I think it can solve ur problem.

kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i am getting this error when i am creating the sales order.so wher i have to do the setting for resolving this issue.

Structure explosion for item 000020 is not possible

Message no. V1578

Diagnosis

You have tried to carry out a structure explosion within an exploded structure, but this is not possible.

For example, the system finds one component and one item category within an exploded BOM that leads to another BOM explosion in document processing. This is not possible because you can only explode a multi- level BOM and the explosion can only start with a document item that has not been generated by the previous explosion.

Similar problems occur when combining BoM explosion and product selection.

System Response

The system does not carry out the lower-level explosion.

Procedure

Configure the settings in Customizing, so that sub-items do not lead to another explosion. It might be that the wrong item category was determined for the sub-item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We hav the same scenario but we would like to know status of the Bom items.Whether they are all delivered or partially delivered,how do we know that?It includes semi finished products and procurement process etc.

Please give me some ideas how do i proceed.

Thanks in advance..

VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What bom usage u r using for creating each bom?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First create FERT material then make it that material as "Phantom Assembly".

Then try to create sales order for that material then system automatically explodes BOM and display the components details in the sales order.

Please check

Regards

Vijay