cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Splitting

Former Member
0 Kudos

HEllo all,

Can any body tell me that how the value would be split in document.How the value splitts in ratios.

What setting required.

Suppose,

when i view the vender document the if it is credited with 100/-

then hopw this can show that 75/- comes other document and 25/- comes segment,

How this setting can be configured.

Can it be fulfill with segment reporting configuration ?

suggest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Information on Document Splitting

You can use the document splitting procedure to split up line items for selected dimensions (such as receivable lines by profit center) or to effect a zero balance setting in the document for selected dimensions (such as segment). This generates additional clearing lines in the document. Using the document splitting procedure is the prerequisite for as well as an essential tool for drawing up complete financial statements for the selected dimensions at any time.

You can choose between displaying the document with the generated clearing lines either in its original form in the entry view or from the perspective of a ledger in the general ledger view.

For document splitting to be possible, the individual document items and the documents must be classified. Each classification corresponds to a rule in which it is specified how document splitting is to occur and for which line items.

SAP delivers a set of standard rules that should usually prove sufficient. If not, you can define your own set of rules and adapt these according to your needs.

Example

Example 1: Invoice

Suppose a vendor invoice containing the following items is entered:

Posting Key Account Segment Amount

31 Payables -100

40 Expense 0001 40

40 Expense 0002 60

Document splitting then creates the following document in the General Ledger view:

31 Payables 0001 -40

31 Payables 0002 -60

40 Expense 0001 40

40 Expense 0002 60

Example 2: Payment

The payment for the above vendor invoice then contains the following items when entered:

50 Bank -95

25 Payables 100

50 Cash Discount Received -5

Document splitting then creates the following document in the General Ledger view:

50 Bank 0001 -38

50 Bank 0002 -57

25 Payables 0001 40

25 Payables 0002 60

50 Cash Discount Received 0001 -2

50 Cash Discount Received 0002 -3

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sri,

i ahve configured Document splitting and i have post the document in fb60 vender invoice of 100/- and debit to expanse a/c in ratio of 46/60. and save the doc.

in document display when i saw the GL view then line item of vender doesnot split in 60 / 40 ratio.

can u help me out here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem,

You go to simulation of the entry after that go to menu again cliak on document select display GL view then u can find details

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did but document is not splitting up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

I have taken the characteristic for General ledger is business area and profit shall i go for segment also?