cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When i create a purchase order for a few materials, i am getting an error saying "Define QM procurement key". What does that mean. Could anyone explain it in detail.

Thanks in advance

Aparna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to mm02,choose Quality Management view,here tick the QM Procurement Active.

If you set this indicator, you should activate "QM in procurement" for all plants pertaining to a client

If you activate the indicator for QM in procurement in the material master record at the client level, you must also store a control key at the plant level for quality management in procurement.

Depending on the control indicators in the control key, you may have to maintain additional data.

The control keys in the material master are defined at plant level. They contain a range of control options

1. Determine which material groups can have the same control settings.

2. Define the control keys for each material group.

regards,

indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

The material you have used in your purchase order has the field MARA-QMPUR set for the plant. This field is found in the material master - MM03 - Quality View - Procurement Data Section.

The field signifies that the material is subjected to quality inspection either at source or during GR. The characteristics for such a material is available in the QM Control Key. Example whether the invoice is to be blocked for non inspected stock, etc.

Since the quality at procurement is active. It becomes mandatory to give the control parameters for the inspection. Hence the requirement of the QM Control Key.

0 Kudos

Dear Aparna,

I do feel that your purchase is subjected to Qualitity management . So you might have set in the MM01 for that material in QM view QM proc active by giving tick on that. But I feel you might have ignored to give the QM control key which is near to that QM proc active. Maintain it in MM02 By giving that indicator your problem will be solved. Do give the feed back.

Thanks and Regards

Prabhul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for that material QM proc is active

if it is not required u can remove same MM02QM viewProcurement data remove tick QM proc active

Vishal...

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MM02 of the material and in "Quality management" view, check whether "QM prc. active" indicator in active if yes then remove it and the try.