cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

i am developing Custom adater ..i deploy the .sda file and i also created the metadate for custom adaapter ..

i have created the adapter by ne name i.e "NEW" in my namespace ..

now the problem is New adapter is showing in adapter monitoring but it is not coming inside Start and installed adapters and i l also configure one communication channel ...using this "NEW" adater ..when i go to communication channel monitoring it showing mw" no adapter is register for this communication cahnnel"..

so as per my understanding i have to register thia adapter..can anybody tell me the procedure for tha..

Thanks & Regards..

Kunaal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has to do with the adapter meeta data. When you create the adapter metadata object, you have to use a specific name. That name is related to any information in the descriptor files in the RAR.

I do not know exactly how it is related, it has been a long time I did that...

Hope that helps

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan..

Thanks for your reply..

"It has to do with the adapter meeta data. When you create the adapter metadata object, you have to use a specific name. That name is related to any information in the descriptor files in the RAR"

I have developed the custom adapter in this way:

1. i created one java project inside that i imported "sample_ra.jar" and i change the namespace in two java class A.SPIManagedConnectionFactory B. XIConfiguration and export this project as a .jar file into my workspace..

2 now i created one J2EE Library project and in this project i give the refrence of above project's jar file and i created the .sda file and deploy it to...Xi server..

3. i created the adapter metadata.....

can u please tell me how can i achive this "you have to use a specific name. That name is related to any information in the descriptor files in the RAR"....

and if i have to add some additional functionality so i have to use..SPIManagedConnectionFactory.java class ???

Thanks in advance

Kunaal

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean the name of the adapter meta data object in Integration Repository.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stefan..

can u provide me some links or some docs regaring developing custome adapter.

Thanks

Kunaal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Can you please help me out in this problem:

when i using http://sap.com/xi/XI/sample namespace then my communication channel is not giving any error:

but when i am using the anyother namespcae its giving me error:"No adapter registered for this channel".

I gone through this blog also:,

i done all the things for othernamespace in sameway as described in BLOG ..but still iam not able to resolve the problem..

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have u edited the namespace entry from ra.xml which is present inside the sample_ra.rar. Also make sure that after editing any such thing, u will have to redeploy.

Regards,

Prateek

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunaal,

in your deployment descriptor ra.xml you find:

<config-property>

<config-property-name>

adapterType

</config-property-name>

<config-property-type>

java.lang.String

</config-property-type>

<config-property-value>

YourAdapter

</config-property-value>

</config-property>

and

<config-property>

<config-property-name>

adapterNamespace

</config-property-name>

<config-property-type>

java.lang.String

</config-property-type>

<config-property-value>

yourNamespace

</config-property-value>

</config-property>

You have to use the same name and namespace when you upload the adapter metadata in ESR/IR or CPA cache of PCK.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have change the ra.XML file in this way..

<config-property-name>adapterType</config-property-name>

<config-property-type>java.lang.String</config-property-type>

<config-property-value>WELSHWATER</config-property-value>

<config-property-name>adapterNamespace</config-property-name>

<config-property-type>java.lang.String</config-property-type>

<config-property-value>http://XXXXX/Mumbai/KPHUKAN</config-property-value>

i also change the namespace and adapter type in SPIManagedConnectionFactory class and xiconifugarion class.but the same problem is still persist..

anybody have any docs regarding steps to be performed..for developing adapter..??

Thanks

Kunaal

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could this be a cache problem?

Check the adapter cache (CPA cache).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,,

i done the changes in SPIManagedConnectionFactory and XIConfiguration class but my changes are not geeting reflected..

Now i have one doubt : there is already one sample_ra.rar file present on server now i copy the code and make the chnages and deploy it to on same server..with diffrent name...

Now tell me the JNDI name is pinging sample_ra.ra file...so i think it always look for sample code not for miine..

so please tell me how can i run my code...

Thanks & Regards

Kunaal

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry for not replying earlier.

The sample adapter module configuration calls the sample adapter module with a JNDI call which is maintained as module chain parameter.

So change the parameter and apply the JDNI name of your module.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply..

my previous problem is gotted solved..

can you please tell me how can we raise the exception in custom adapter or how can we see the processing log in rwb....

I ma able to diplay the audit log but i am not able to see the processing log in rwb ..u have any idea which method or which seeting is required..

Thanks

Kunaal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same problem . custom adapter shows in communication channel monitoring only No adpater registered for this channel. But the custom adapter works, in MessageDisplay/AuditLog my messages are visible !

I read all the points in this thread about adapter metadata and ra.xml - but I am still not able to see a message in communication channel monitoring.

It seems that the adapterType and adapterNamespace properties in ra.xml are not sufficient.

What purpose have the the rb_JCAAdapter_ChannelMonitor.info and rb_JCAAdapter_ChannelMonitor.properties files in sample adapter source package ?

Which naming convention is used here ? How can I create these files for the custom adapter ?

thanks

Kerstin

Answers (0)