Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog materials not being shown in Plant Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SRM 4.0.

We have transferred the materials from R3 using R3AC1-RAS-R3AM1.

Then we had run transactions SE38 & done get_backend_prices & bbp_ccm_transfer_catalog.

Then new materials have come to COMMPR01 & also to the SRM EXTRACTED CATALOG.

But now when we search the materials in the plant catalog they are not visible.

We also tried mapping the plant & SRM EXTRACTED catolg, but still the materilas did not come to the plant catalog.

The other materials are transferred to the plant catalog, but only these few materilas that have been created recently are not being transferred.

We have checked the materials in R3 & SRM but they are not blocked.

Kindly help us as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Edited by: bhakti joshi on Oct 10, 2008 8:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check in table /CCM/D_UPD_STATE if there are catalogs in status 03 (still running) as this may be the cause of the non completion of the mapping process.

Also check report /CCM/CLEANUP_MAPPING to verify (using the report in test mode first) if there are and mapping inconsistencies or orphaned records found. These again may be the problem.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We checked the table all the entries are in status 05.

Kindly let us know what could be done next.

There are no inconsistency present.

Kindly help.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your initial message states that only new items in the extracted catalog are not mapped to the subsequent Master Catalog. Can you re-access themapping and choose the 'Include unchanged items' selection and map content/save/exit the extracted catalog.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

We have tried mapping the the Extracted & plant catalog using the tick 'Map Unchanged items'. but still the materials have not been transferred to plant catalog.

Kindly help.

Thanks & Regards

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti,

The process as designed is:

Items in SRM_EXTRACTED_CATALOG are manually mapped to the Master Catalog, such manual mapping is most likely as generally the Master Catalog schema is different than the schema of the Extracted Cat which is just an extract of the SRM product hierarchy

During mapping, you will most likely need to map each individual category from the extracted catalog to the Master catalog, once mapped, the map items should be executed.

Can you confirm that the categories are correctly mapped to the master catalog?

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasaon,

I have checked the mapping. There is no problem & all the categories have been correctly mapped.

I had run the program: /CCM/VERIFY_CATALOG.

The output had those materials but their operation was 01, wereas all the other materials had the operation as 02.

Can you tell me what is that & why is it different for the materials that are not being shown in plant catalog.

Kindly help.

Thanks-

Bhakti

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti,

The operation 01 is create, this means the mapping records are stuck in a create operation, i.e. something stopped the original mapping records creation and left an inconsistency in the catalog mapping tables.

I would suggest the following:

De-assign the mapping for the affected categories in the catalog authoring tool, once de-assigned, also execute the 'Map Content' selection and save/exit.

Then run report /CCM/CLEANUP_MAPPING in test mode to check for orphaned items or invalid mapping entries. If inconsistencies are found in test mode, run this again with the test flag removed.

Finally - re-map the categories again and perform content mapping. The items should then exist in the procurement catalog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks so much or your relpy. But, I couldnt de-assign the Ctaegory.

The De-assign tab is grey. While editing the catalog for mapping the Master & Plant Catlog, the default category after being selected on Master Catalog is also is not being selected automatically at Plant catalog side.

Kindly suggest how to overcome this issue.

Thanks,

Bhakti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The catalog has been de-assigned already. Hence, we simply had to re-assign the categories from strach, as it is done at the begining.

Thanks everone for the help.