cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material determination Characteristics in ODP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

I have closed my earlier thread and thanks for your input.

I know by using ACTIVITY TYPE/COST ELEMENT or ACTIVITY TYPE/COST CENTER combinations we can able to determine material through DIP.

Pl share me the other possible combinations through which we can able to determine material.

(In the ODP1,under Characteristics relevant,there are 47 characteristics area and need to know the possible combinations).

Regards

KRISHNAN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr Pete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Pete.

One last query to close this thread.

In the Service order Iam having a Service Product and through exit I have additionally added Service Product as characteristics.

My requirement is if the ACTIVITY TYPE=XXX and Service Product is YYY,then hit the material ZZZ.

I just know Activity type is having only Cost element,cost center,personnel number etc and not having Service Product information and Service product is not having any Activity type info.

Because of the above reason We may not able to meet the requirement(if the ACTIVITY TYPE=XXX and Service Product is YYY,then hit the material ZZZ.)

Is it right pete.

Regards

KRISHNAN

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KRISHNAN,

I don't see why the Activity Type/Service Product option shouldn't work..

Give it a try and see what happens

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Awesome Information from the PDF.

one thing is not clear to me related to sources.

1.In the sources if assign the Actual-Line items with 100% and

costing sheet as XXXX (Costing sheet used in service order) and uncheck the Onlybasis check box

Is it OK.

2.In the document for Source- Actual Line items,the applicable characteristics filled were listed in the table(page no:42).I need to know whether I can use all DB(DATABASE LEVEL) and AP(APPLICATION LEVEL) relavent characteristics ?

Regards

KRISHNAN

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KRISHNAN,

With refernece to you DIP Profile questions above:

Q1: You don't need to populate the costing sheet field i.e. leave it blank

Q2: You can use both. From memory, the database option is slower. But it tells you that in the documentation...

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

one thing is not clear to me.

I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

one thing is not clear to me.

I

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Initial post|]

Download the RRB PDF Document from SAPSERVE (see [Resource Related Billing FAQ|http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=205306] )

PeteA