cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SENDER RFC Error - SYSTEM_FAILURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have one scenario in which we are sending some Data from R/3 SCM system to R/3 system via XI.

when we pushing a data thru SCM via the SENDER RFC to XI

in SCM system we are getting the folowing error

in single Test mode of RFC ( Tran. SE37).

SYSTEM_FAILURE

In XI RFC SENDER Channel we are getting following error.

Error in processing caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

What could be the reason for this. pl. help me.

Regards,

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem is due to RFC connection, check once again. It will sort out easily. Meanwhile check Logical system assign to cliet SCC4 window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanx for your reply. but actually my problem is not that SYSTEM_FAILURE. This got sorted out as i am calling this SENDER RFC in One of the RFC with IN Background CLAUSE.

But the Problem of CC. i.e.

Array Index outofbounds which i have mentioned earlier.

can anybody tell me what could be the reason. ?

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your mapping, if you are using any substring then the specified length must be passed to substring. If the incoming value is shorter in length or emtpy then it will the throw the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarvesh,

I am not using any Sustring.

Secondly according to me the error is coming in CC. But no Message ID is getting generated. That means it is not getting passed on to Mapping yet. i think the error is coming before the adapter engine.

pl. corect me if i am wrong.

i am not able to understand why this error is coming.

Pl. help me.

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh yes you are 100% correct..

Are you sending the multiple data from RFC to XI. One more thing, in SE37 have you made your RFC "Remote Enabled" under attribute tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I have made the RFC as remote enabled. secondly yes i am passing the multiple records. Basically i am sending one internal table which can have n number of records. But this kind of scenario i have done previously also. but there it has never given any problem.

This is the first scenario which we are doing between SCM & SAP R/3 via XI. Our other scenarios are JDBC(SQL/Db2 etc. ) with R/3.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are testing it by SE37 then it is not possible, Create a Z-program and from there you send the data.

I hope you got the point.

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must run RFC with RFC destination in background mode, I suggest to read following post in order to understand it better.

Syntax would be:

CALL FUNCTION func IN BACKGROUND TASK

DESTINATION <your RFC destination>

parameter list

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8f/53b67ad30be445b0ccc968d69bc6ff/frameset.htm

If you read it you will find that you can't test it directly from SE37, for this either you need to create dummy ABAP program or another RFC where you will call this RFC with background syntax.

use this thread: