Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSECADMIN- not able to select "E" Exclude values option and operators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In RSECADMIN, i am not able to select the Exclude (E) values. It is greyed out. Also, i am not able to select any other operators apart from EQ, CP and BT where as i see from the table RSECVALVIEW that there are other operators like NE, NB, LE, GT, GE, LT, NP. Is there a seeting that needs to be changed or am i doing something wrong?

Regards,

Prashant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that you get to this problem while creating a authorization object. You will see that info object about the validity date has all the options you mentioned, but not the other standard info object SAP offers you when hitting the button.

Have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that you get to this problem while creating a authorization object. You will see that info object about the validity date has all the options you mentioned, but not the other standard info object SAP offers you when hitting the button.

Have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

You are right, i have just checked, and only infoObject 0TCAVALID valid allows selection of the other operators and "E" value.

So is there no chance of being able to use the other operators and "E" for other standard infoObjects?

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you look into sap authorizations they are based of granting things and not to deny. The only deny thing you find in HR where you are not allowed to grand your own hours(working). So I do not think SAP will leave this way of working in their standard programs. When you are in BI and in a report, you can select an item and exclude some values. My experience is that it will fail, the query takes a lot of time, it is not an efficient query statement.

Have fun

Bye Jan van Roest