Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master maintenance

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client wants to have a possibility to maintain material in more than one plant at the first instance or at the same time. According to the client they do not want to extend the material master using Txn MM01 one by one for each plant as it is a time consuming process.

Their idea is like when a material is being created for the first time the system should ask "Do you want the material to be created for other plants". If yes the system should ask which plants?

After entering the desired plants the material should get created for all the plants mentioned.

Sorry for the long query. But I was just wondering if this is possible in standard SAP using any of the available methods.Please suggest a way to achieve the above using standard SAP. Would really appreciate some clues.....

Thanks & Regards,

V S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Dont think anything like this is possible with standard SAP system.

Might be you can get this done by using a custom transaction for material creation.

Consult with your abaper and check the program RMDATIND.

Regards

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply....

But could you please let me know if this would be possible using LSMW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Maintain a BDC for the same. Only ABAPer can do this.

Regards

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can do it using LSMW, you can use the transfer program MMDATIND that Gregory mentioned in LSMW or do a recording of the Material Master Creation transaction MM01 with reference to the same material.

E.g. if Material 1234 has been created for plant BP01.

In LSMW recording, use MM01 to create 1234 in the new plant say BP02 copy from the same material 1234 plant BP01, then just press Enter through all the screens and save. Then use the recording in the LSMW.

Phyllis.

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies that I have got till now.Very helpful.

Can someone please provide some document or link which illustrates LSMW creation.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MM50 itself you can extend material master views to more than one plant.

Just mention the Plant numbers in the from and to fields in the initial screen of MM50 and in the next screen you will get the options to maintain the views for all the Plants you mentioned.

Regards,

Narayana.

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

In MM50 you can extend the material to other material master only if that material has been already been maintained for the plants mentioned. It would not maintain the views if the material has not been maintained for those plants.

I want a transaction which would maintained a material for more than one plant at the same time. May be then I can maintain the data in different views using MM50.......

Regards,

V S

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anybody know any method by which a material can be maintained for more than one plant at the same time ?

Please provide some clues.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For extending material to other plants, You can do this using LSMW : Program name: RMDATIND.

Suggest to create only basic view of materials and then extend all the materials unsing LSMW.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use MM50 transaction for extending material views for a number of Plants at a time.

Regards,

Narayana.

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

MM50 is for extending material master views.

Is there a similar transaction for extending material to more than one plants?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may use MASS transaction, with object Material, and instead of using change material tab, use create material tab.

But i think none of these tools will help you with your requirement. Probably, the best way to to this will be using IDOCS. The development won't be an easy task, but the result will be better.

You will have to create a change pointer or use transaction BD10 to send the idocs.

Be aware that there are fields that depends on configuration for each plants, and values are not supposed to be copied, such as special procurement, planning data, etc.

If you want some information regarding LSMW, you will find that here:

http://www.saptechnicaldotcom/Tutorials/LSMW/PurInfo/page1.htm

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sapgeneral/step-by-step-legacy-system-migration-workbench-lsmw.htm

Hope this helps,

GS