Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dialog prg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

i need to call a tcode and the first screen i get should have is an alv display ...how to get an alv in the first screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont understand object oriented programming.. is there any other way to do the same..

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use ALV Docking container and ALV Grid.

Check the sample standard program BCALV_DND_02.

Thanks & Regards,

Navneeth K.

0 Kudos

Can't I directly call a screen and put a alv grid on it

0 Kudos

You have to use docking containers. In order to place a ALV Grid on the screen.

0 Kudos

is it an object oriented approach?

0 Kudos

Yes. Did u look at program mentioned above. Its an very easy approach.

0 Kudos

you need to have custom control or docking container to hold the grid. check the programs BCALV_GRID_01 to BCALV_GRID_05

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont understand object oriented programming.. is there any other way to do the same..

0 Kudos

Anil, its the most easiest and fast to develop approach. It just takes few time to complete it.

0 Kudos

but in documenattion it is written that, it is for drag n drop behaviour..

coz rest of my code contains normal abap with 4 screens..and now i need to put an screen with alv as my first screen..from which if i select an row an press change it should go to another transaction...

will it effect my rest of the code ?

sorry for bothering..help me in this

0 Kudos

You dont see the drag and drop code, just check how is he putting the docking container and placeing a alv grid on it and how is he populating the values in ALV

0 Kudos

Hi, If you want to display just alv then right a report program with REUSE_ALV_ function to display your output

and use SUBMIT statement with skip first screen and return. Its easiest and if you dont know Class ALV.

Try.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jey