Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in data loads "Object request is currently locked by the user #"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Data loads got failed and the back ground process it shows that

1) Job started

2) Step 001 started (program RSPROCESS, variant &0000000370474, user ID ALEREMOTE

3) Object requested is currently locked by user #

4) Entire chain now has status 'A'

5) job finished

What is this problem and how can we rectify. Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We get this kind of error if the object u try to use is used by any other IP.

Go to sm12..check for this particular target..take a note of the request no which has locked this target.

If the request is still in progress then wait for it to completed and check in sm12 again for th object.if u dont find the object then repeat the failed load.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a daily load and the problem is with master data.

Now what i can see is the ODS into whihc the master data is flowing is locked by another user. I can see this in SM12.

So what to be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the lock is exclusive one . then leave it as it is and wait till the lock get released and then repeat you load ...

buts its better only to wait rather then killing that lock ..in that

sm12 you can check .. lock is for which request .. copy that request go to RSRQ... if that load is not important for you thten you can kill that load and proceed with your load .

Regards,

shikha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

If you are loading the master data.. then cause of your error is master data..

when we load master data user ALEREMOTE starts updating (/loading) its attributes..

Before that activities are finished if you start another data load then it gives you error that it is locked..

it means system is performing some oprations on that data..

In my case i was told to wait for sometime to get system finish its work n then load data again after sometime..

If your problem is not frequent then what you can do is wait for sometime..check in tcode CHANGERUNMONI that attrubute change run is finished or not.. if finished then again start data laod..

You can try going to the monitor for Attribute change run from RSA1 >> tools >> apply change run or from Transaction RSATTR which will schedule/display attribute change run. Here you can have an option called change run monitor (Monitor icon). this wil show the status of change run including which all info objects are affected, and if its hitting the aggregates of any cubes.,etc.

The Problem is that there is another change run triggered parallely to yours.In any SAP System only One attribute change run can run at one point of time. i. e If one attribute change run is running in system from any process chain or for any project and 2nd one fails, if start at same time due to locking problem. Due to this entire data load fails.

Correct me friends if i am wrong..

Regards

Swati

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

Please follow the below to solve the problem.

Note 800927 - Standard jobs in the SCM/APO area

Note 954261 - Function of program /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_OLD_SIMSESS

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reason for this would be : lock by any attribute change run or lock by any other active request loading to the same master data.

Goto SM37 and check for all active jobs.

check whether u have any attibute change run active. check the job log of that attribute change run.

else there should be some other loading going on. this u can check in manage tab of the master data infoobject.

Once the other locking process finishes repeat this load. Your mater data load will go through.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you loading master data??

Regards

Swati