cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withholding Tax-Down Payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am passing a downpayment to a vendor who is subject to withholding tax. I have updated the vendor master with necessary tax codes applicable to invoice and payment. However, while doing the downpayment, after entering the business place and section code, the withholding tax information of the vendor is not getting popped up for selection and applying. What could be the reason ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Babu,

Check the field status groups for your reco account and Posting Keys

i think those fields are supressed in reco account

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

As you said, the field status was suppressed for the down payment account. I have made it right now.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi babu, i have the same issue with the withholding in down payment, but i dont undesrtan clearly the solution that you found, could you explainme little more details.

thks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI for with holding tax with respect to down payment we need to activate the field wht tax code in the respective sundry creditors g.l a/c ,i.e, go the gl a/c and select the field status group,. 2.go to obc4 select the field status group select the taxes tab in that activate or put optional of the field WHT Codes&types.

3. in the vendor master give the payment whith holding tax types & relevant codes so tht you can change the vendor as liable to the tax deduction.

hope u r understood, for furthur daubts, feel free to revert the query

thanks regards

prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The field status for withholding tax for the down payment (spl GL account) was suppressed. That was why the tax codes were not getting popped up while posting a downpayment in my case. That was how the issue was solved.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, now is working.

By the way, do you know how i have to set the witholding in the sales side.

Because i have customers that have operartions with different kind of withholding.

In other words sometimes one customer apply x kind of withholding and other y withholding, depends of the kind of sales.

But i dont know where set it up becuase i set in the master customer, but always that i submit a invoice is with that witholding and i dont know how to change it according to the kind of the operation.

Thank you in advance.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you ticked liable for tax tick in the Vendor master against the payment tax codes ?

regards

Parag Bhargava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.