cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Engine Message in Delivering Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any idea how to cancel/delete the messages which are in delivering status in Adapter Engine.

In my case a single EOIO message is stuck in the AE with delivering status. Other messages are flowing successfully using the same cc.

Earlier during such cases we had to restart j2ee/ stop/start AF Messaging to resolve the problem.

Just wondering if theres any other solution?

btw : The message was in delivering status because the password mentioned in the receiver channel was wrong. There were other messages which failed but the status of those messages went into "System Error". Nothing wrong with that, but just wondering why did a single message remain in the "Delivering" status.

I have already been through this thread and didnt find/understand anything which could help me.

Thanks

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sumit/chris

in RWB message monitoring click on Configure Table Columns , check the box conversation ID , fill up the filter for your EOIO interface and find the name of the queue through which these messages are flowing

inside that queue start message one by one or you can cancel the messages by just selecting radio button and click on cancel . once the row headed message got processed or cancelled , other messages following that will got processed

it will ask you for the password there you have the chance to give right password

hope this will solve your issue

regards

sandeep

Edited by: sandeep sharma on Jun 4, 2009 2:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you get the queue on AE and delete the msg. If the status is Delivering, then it might be picked it up from the Q ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Can you elaborate which queue are you talking about?

How do i access that queue?

Thanks,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Were you able to get any solution for this.

Is starting the J2EE stack the only solution.

Mudit Mehra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Since it is EOIO therefor first delete the message which are in "System Error" (coz these message creates problem for other messages) and then try to resend rest of the messages (if any). I am sure your problem will be solved.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

There are no other messages in "system error" status.

Its just that one message is in "Delivering" status. Ideally the "Delivering" status lasts for a few seconds but in mycase it seems to be der forever .

Seems like others dont face this problem or those who face restart the j2ee to resolve the problem.

Thanks

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes restarting the server is one of the solution. Have you restarted the server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

No we didnt do that.

My question was raised to find out if others have the same problem and if they do the same.

Thanks,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the MessagingSystem link where you can check the status of the message flow to/from the Adapters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Has anyone come up with a solution for this problem without restarting the Java stack? We had the same problem in our development environment. Restarting the Java stack in production is not going to be an option.

Regards,

Chris

ParvathyS_SAP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Look at these blogs,

: How to deal with stuck EOIO messages in the XI 3.0 Adapter Framework

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the links..