cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Evaluation period over

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

When i am trying to open SQL server management studio i am unable to work and getting a message like

"SQL Server Management Studio Evaluation period over" and contact microsoft. How can i solve the same

Regards

Rashid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashid,

The message means you need to get a full license for your SQL Server Management Studio. The evaluation period is over.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammed

If you purchase SQL with SAP Business One licenses then it is a percentage around 8% of license cost in South Africa. I am not sure what the rate in India will be. If you buy it separate from SAP later then SAP will have to quote you. Best is to speak to your partner.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that you are using Evaluation version of SQL Server.

Is SQL Server Database Service Running? are you able to connect to SAP B1.

If yes, then you can install only Management Studio alone from the Licensed Version.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammed

Did you purchase SQL licenses with SAP Business One? If not you can still order SQL from SAP. I suggest this option as the pricing from SAP for SQL is quite competitive and it includes an annual maintenance that allows you to keep up to date with future releases of SQL. You can purchase SQL from a retailer, but there will be no annual maintenance or upgrade path in future. There are 2 types of licensing you an choose from, namely CPU license which has no limit on number of users, or per seat which restricts to number of users. CPU license makes sense after about 25 users or so, and is then cheaper. For less users, per seat is the cheapest option.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you tell me what will be the rate for SQL licenses in India from SAP. or to know the price to whom should i contact.

Regards

Rashid

Former Member
0 Kudos

SQL Server would cost somewhere around Rs. 30000/- approx.

SQL client would cost around Rs. 5000/- approx

You can contact Microsoft Resellers in your locality or contact Hardware vendors for exact pricing.