cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablespace not get Free

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I had deleted one client in my Quality server. The client was deleted successfully. But free space is not increase in Tablespace PSAPSR3 and Database size was also not decrease. What is the reason for this?

Now the Tablespace PSAPSR3 is 19 MB free and autoextend off. Again i want to do local client copy in Quality server. So before client copy should i need to increase the size of Tablespace? What happen is tablespace is 100% full?

Regards,

Nisit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to reorganise tables in order to gain the space after client deletion.

Read note 646681 about reorganising tables with BRSPACE.

If tablespace is 100% full means you have to extend the tablespace.

Rgds,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

after deletion of client, why database size is not decrease?

In DB02 it shows the same size as before.

Regards,

Nisit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In database the space will be allocated in Blocks. So when you delete a table or a client the space is free but you can able to see it only after reorganisation only, as if in windows you do disk defragmentation.

Rgds,

Suman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your query after deletion of client, the table space will not increase.

If you provide the detial of your existing space then we can provide the exect solution. Because all the solution base on your database related.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had add one data file in tablesapce PSAPSR3 using btrools.

So the free space is also increase. But the Tablesapce Autoextend status is OFF. so how can i make Autoextend ON.

Regards,

Nisit

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are on Oracle and Unix then it may take a while to reorganise the space, sometimes system bounce helps

If you are on windows the defrag may help.

R,

Pankaj