cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Procedure Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create a Store Procedure Universe in BO XI R3. The store procedure is in SQL Server 2005 and is quite complicated that includes dropping and recreating a bunch of temp tables, doing a bunch of calculations and then finally loading the data in a table. When I try to import the store procedure in the Universe Desiger, I do see that it imports the store procedure in the designer panel, but I do not see any objects it. So basically it looks like an empty class with no objects in it. Has any one faced this problem? If I run the same Store Procedure through SQL server, I see the data set with no problems.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member212749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you can build the Reports from the Stored Procedure in DeskI directly.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately DeskI is not an option. Are there any limitations with the Store Procedure Universe that prevents to get the objects (table columns) when the store procedure is imported in Designer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ageel,

Did you drag & drop the table displayed in the structure in the business layer in order to obtain a class with objects?

What are the columns data type return by the stored procedure?

If the data types are different from numeric (integer, decimal, etc), date (date, datetime, etc) or character (varchar, char, etc) that might be the issue.

Last possibility is to create manually classes and objects and enter manually the objects definition by mapping the stored procedure columns.

That will work;

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Didier. I had tried pretty much everything you mentioned. The Store Procedure I was trying to run through BO has a bunch of temp table it creates and drops. I believe that was causing the problem. As a work around I created another Store Procedure (more like a wrapper) that calls my original Store Procedure. I called this new store procedure (wrapper) through BO and that seem to do the trick.

Answers (0)