cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST03n - Query ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any maximum total response time and average response time values set for all the transactions ? In my system, i have checked ST03N, the total response time for some transactions exceeds more than 5 to 501,137 and Average response time exceeds 2000. Is this common ? Please advise further.

Kind Regards

Shiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Check the below thread, this might help

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

I have checked the thread you mentioned earlier, then only i realised and have done the check according to the notes mentioned in the thread. As stated earlier in my question, the total response time and average response times for most of the transactions are above their limit, as mentioned in your thread. Please advise further.

Thanks Heaps

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

In ST03N,transaction profile,select 'standard' ,you will get list of all transaction and their response time distribution. On top(left hand side) you can select Task type(Dialog,background,RFC,etc..).It gives the trasanctions and their resposne time according to task type for ex: Dialog or background transactions.

Now coming to your query that most of the transactions are above their limt.Maybe you would have selected the date range of one week or so.SO it will give the response time results for that whole week. You can double click on that particular transaction and it will give the list of users and the response times related to that user. So on this basis ,you can decide if that particular transaction is having performance issue or not.

If you want to see the trasanctions and response time for a particular day. You can go to 'Day' and select the required date and go to 'Time profile' ,then you select the time range for ex: 4-5 hrs and double click on that .It will give the list of transaction ran during that particular hour.

I hope this helps.

REgards,

Archana

Edited by: Archana Amlapure on Oct 11, 2008 10:52 AM

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

If you see a continued degradation of the dialog response time of standard tcodes, then it might be because of lots of reason. you've to monitor your system via the monitors like, os monitor st06, memory monitor st02, to see if there is bottleneck from the system hardware. check the cpu idle avarages, and idle percentages etc.

if you see customized tcodes, then at the first step you have to check if it can be tuned.

Regards

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

In addition to above points ,if you see performance issue with particular transaction or program, you can take a trace in St12 for tat tr or program and found time is spent in ABAP(CPU time) or in DB. So if ABAP time is high ,you have to tune some particular code or function mode(program or fuction moddule which has high net time in ST12 trace) or if it is DB time ,then you may find some expensive SQL statement ,which has to be tuned to reduce DB load.

If it is SAP standard program or tcode ,you may search SAP Notes.You can find some code correction or solution for those programs. IF it is Z-programs then you have to consult with your ABAP developer to tune those programs.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archana and Debasis

Thanks heaps for sharing valuable information and your time on the query. Keep up the good work.

The end result is we need to do some performance tuning.

Kind Regards

Shiva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

In transaction ST03N ,trsanction profile contaislist of all transactions started in selected period.The number of trasnaction steps for each trasnaction is recorded(Number of steps) ,which is a measure of the actvity of a transaction. Otjer columns in trasnaction profile ahow the "total response time" and "Average response time" as well as proporations of componenets of response times.

The Column Total response time provides a measure for the entire load on the system for that particular transaction.

The column "Avergae response time" is a response time of that transaction per dialog step.

So i think the response time mentioned by you s normal. Generally ,the average response time of the transaction is an improtant index of performance.

I hope i have clarified your doubts.IF you have further queries,let me know.

Regards,

Archana