cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple page number sequences in same report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently been asked to modify a Crystal (XI) customer invoice report to display 2 different page number sequences. The report has always had a page reset by invoice number so that if the number of line items caused a single invoice to span multiple pages, the subsequent pages would display Page x of y. So in the footer of the group by invoice number, I specified to Reset the page number. They are now asking to maintain that page numbering at the invoice level but also to introduce a running sequential page number (batch control number) for the entire invoice batch such that a batch of 5 invoices each of 3 pages would display Page 2 of 3 (for the first invoice) as well as a sequential page number (batch control) of 2 on the second page, Page 3 of 3 as well as a sequential page number of 3 on the third page and then ... here's the tricky part ... a sequential page number of 4 on the 4th page and then page 2 of 3 as well as a sequential page number of 5 on the 5th page, etc. until the last page would display Page 3 of 3 (for the 5th invoice) as well as a sequential page number (batch control) of 15.

I've tried to implement this with running totals but Crystal is not allowing me to reference the special Page Number field in a Formula field or a Running Total definition. Is there a trick to doing this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack,

If I understand the scenario correctly you currently reset the page number after each GF1 but want to display the sequential page number as well for the whole report. I would suggest using a running total counter as opposed to referencing the page number. For example;

WhilePrintingRecords;

Numbervar x:= x + 1

Place this in the Page Footer and it will increment by 1 for each occurrence of the PF.

Answers (0)