Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification of Terminology ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I feel pretty silly asking the following question, but they came up in a recent interview and I was not sure how to answer them.

Question: Can you please explain the difference between a Module Pool and a Sub Pool?

My answer: The Module pool is used in Dynpro programming to hold all the dialog modules PAI and PBO related to a particular group of screens. I am not aware of any objects within SAP called a sub pool.

Any advise on the above apprciated!!

Thanks

David...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think:

Module pool is for Dialog(on-line) programming.

Sub Pool is consisted of many sub-routings, declarations and so on, it will be included in programs if you want to use the parts in the sub pool.

4 REPLIES 4

madan_ullasa
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I suppose, we are not to discuss any interview questions in this forum... You can do a google search for your query...

regards,

Madan...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Module pool is like what you said, is used for dialog (screen) programming, enabling the programmer to take inputs from the enduser at multiple stages and model the flow accordingly. Simple example for it will be any of your Standard transactions like VA01, VA02 etc.

Sub pool i think is a subroutine pool and this is not a kind of programming, this is a program ( mainly INCLUDE program ) which will hold all possible subroutines that you might call and this program is included during your coding and the subroutines inside this pool are called when and where required.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think:

Module pool is for Dialog(on-line) programming.

Sub Pool is consisted of many sub-routings, declarations and so on, it will be included in programs if you want to use the parts in the sub pool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. That is what I thought the interviewers were asking but I was not sure. To me this is a program include which may contain declarations or program sub/module sub-routines.