cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot open the field explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have lost my Field Explorer.

It doesnt seem to be auto hid on any of the edges of my workspace in Crystal Report.

I click on the icon - no luck

I select "Field Explorer" from the View menu - no luck

Any idea on where else it might be hidden?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My field explorer was missing, too. I just got it back. Here's how.

Go to View > Toolbars

Check the box that says "Reset all toolbars and explorers on next restart"

Click OK

Close Crystal Report and reopen. Open a report in Design view or Preview view. The Field Explorer should now be visible.

Penny Ridderbusch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Penny - You are a legend. Thank you so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Penny, had the same thing and spent the afternoon trying to get field explorer to show - even reinstalled the software. This worked for me as well.

btw - I had previously been working with dual monitors, so it probably got undocked onto the non existent monitor when I went back to a single screen.

Edited by: Richard Carlson on Nov 20, 2008 5:28 AM

0 Kudos

Awesome...thank you!

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This Solution works!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Try with this:

Right click on the task bar.

Select Tile Windows Horizontally option.

Check whether desired window can be seen.

Selecting Cascade Windows option might be needed.

This will force all the Windows to anchor themselves in a new location on the current monitor.

If this doesnt help out then also try to reinstall video drivers.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Can you let us know that the field explorer window is not being seen recently or from the time you have started using crystal reports?.

If you are unable to see from the first time when you run crystal reports, you can do repair for the installation and reinstall the product by clicking on the properties.

Else just go the Regedit:

Go to HKEY_CURRENT USERSoftware-BusinessOBjectsSuite 11.0-crystal reports-Docking2-Field explorer.

Set the value of Set field Info value to 0.

Also Default ---Empty or value not set.

After making changes in the registry for effect on your just restart it and verify field explorer is able to see or not.

Let us know if any queries.

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simon,

Another possiblity is that the Field Explorer became undocked and now resides off the visible screen. If possible try increasing your screen resolution and then check if you can see it. Otherwise doing a repair installation should redock it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

Occasionally there may be some files get corrupt, which unfortunately tend to be the files causing these types of issues.

What you need to do is; manual uninstall and reinstall as outlined here: http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2014749.asp

Hope this helps!

Regards

Asha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

In case if you are using terminal server, please let us know us the version of of the server and crystal reports.

Regards

Sourashree Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. And there is no deselect option in the view from the menu. What to do. I have been using this for a year then bam its gone. I need service and cant find a e-mail address or phone number for help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Try to deselect all the menu items from the View menu.

Once that is done, select the Field Explorer from the View menu.

Also check on the edges of the screen.