cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasource not appear in transfer rules creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I've created generic datasource & have replicated it in BW. During creation of transfer rules for my infoobject, after select the source system, the list of datasources appeared. Unfortunately my gen. datasource not there. is there some steps missing?

btw it is text infoobj.

appreciate any help. thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you can just input the technical name and press enter.

Sometimes it not works because of limited of listing the datasource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BY,

Thanks for the answer.

Is there a way to type the tech name? in my screen is only option by selecting existing datasource.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put your cursor in that field and input it directly. Then press enter, the column of description will fill information automatically. Hope it works.

And you can send me the screen shot if problem persist. You can find it at my profile.

Edited by: Brian Yang on Oct 10, 2008 5:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BY,

Thanks again for the reply...

the problem is i can only select from the datasource list, but then it only give the standard datasource.

i do email you the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you may have to replicate your data source explicitly and then create transfer rules again, make sure you dont miss all of the fields in your transfer structure in the tansfer rules proposal.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Make sure you saved the data source and is available on RSA6 transaction.

Regards,

Chandu.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you goto RSA1

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you goto RSA1 > 'Source systems' > right click on the relevant source system and if you do a search with the technical name of your

datasource can you find it? If not then the datasource was not replicated correctly, if you know the application conponent area that the

datasource is assigned to please navigate to it using the same menu path as above. If you right click on the application component area

you can replicate the datasource from here.

Best Regards,

Des.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply and great solutions.

I'll resolved the issue by deleting the datasource from BW and re-replicate it but this time using the 3.X datasource and finally i can found the datasource from the list.

Thanks to all especially to BY.

Edited by: Mohd Irwan Mhd Non on Oct 13, 2008 3:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

save your datasource again in the source system and replicate it in bw. then check it. if it is not working , check the source system connection in BW.

Edited by: DOLLY_ME on Oct 10, 2008 10:50 AM