cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Log: AP Invoice/Credit Memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know the reason why the Change Log function cannot be accessed for AP Invoices and Credit memos? It looks like these are the only two marketing documents where this is disabled. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The change log is disable for the documents that not created yet. I mean in the position where add button still exists. You do not add the document yet.

The version you are using is not upgrade yet to the latest patch level. Currently it is available PL50 for B1 2005A

Rgds,

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check history/log value maintained in services tab of General Settings.

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The log setting will affect all logs not for each kinds. The default of 99 shoud be still there. Only few users would ever change it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

I don't think any document histories would be disabled by default. 9 out 10, this problem may caused by UDF or upgrade or any other added functions.

To check if you had any change log for these two documents before, you can run a query:

Select * from ADOC where ObjType = 18 - {for AP invoice}

Select * from ADOC where ObjType = 19 - {for AP Credit Memo}

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which SBO version are you seeing this in.

I do not see this restriction in 2005. I am not sure if the change log is disabled for these 2 documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I should have mentioned that we are running 2007A PL38.

Gordon- what should I be looking for when I run those two queries? And how can UDF's affect the change log function?

Jeyakanthan- the history/log value is still 99 for our company setup.

Jimmy- this is for documents already posted. For example if I edit remarks and update, the change log is still disabled when I view the updated doc. I noticed for other doc types, even if there is only one instance of the doc, the change log function is still active and shows one entry.

Anyone experiencing a similiar problem in 2007A?

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Allen,

I just want to make sure that you are opening an existing AP Invoice / Credit Memo and then trying the Change log? The document needs to be viewed on the screen for the Change log menu item to be active.

If you are infact doing all this. May be this is a issue with the Patch. I am seeing quite a few issue with Patch 38 so I suggest that you Upgrade to Patch 41

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you run that query, it will verify if you never had any logs for those two kinds of documents provided the result is 0.

As for UDF, some of FMS will block the creation of the log.

If nothing apply to you, upgrade your PL or log to SAP support.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I think the problem involves the FS search blockage you mentioned. We use the following query to bring in the GL Account Name (into a row UDF) based on the GL acct number per row in AP invoices:

SELECT T0.AcctName FROM OACT T0 WHERE T0.AcctCode = $ [PCH1.AcctCode]

When I applied a similar formatted search in the AR invoice, the change log also became unusable for that document. Do you know of some kind of workaround?

Edited by: Allen Tsao on Oct 10, 2008 10:24 AM

Edited by: Allen Tsao on Oct 10, 2008 10:24 AM

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the field type of the row UDF? Does it fit the value of the Account Name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Field type is Alphanumeric, max length 30, structure is Regular.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you get the correct Account Name value using your FMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes- the FMS seems to be working fine. So now I'm not sure why this is affecting the function of the change log.

Edited by: Allen Tsao on Oct 10, 2008 2:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

My suggestion: change your FMS to manual, i.e. no auto refresh to see what will happen. If log works that way, do more test to see which kinds of refresh may not lock the log.