cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance,Client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Any one pls explain me in simple term what is instance and clinet in sap?

From my understanding Instance is SAP WAS AS and client is splitted within each instance.Pls correct me if am wrong...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instance

The term u201Cinstanceu201D is often used synonymously with u201Cserveru201D or u201Capplication serveru201D in the SAP system. This depends on the selected installation environment. You can install multiple instances on one application server.

An SAP instance defines a group of resources such as memory, work processes and so on, usually in support of a single application server or database server within a client/server environment. Application servers share the same memory areas and are controlled by the same dispatcher process.

Client

In commercial, organizational, and technical terms, a self-contained unit in an SAP system with separate master records and its own set of tables.

Thanks,

prabhu kishore reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin

In a simple language instance is a group of process/programs running which will serve the request of the various people connected to that Instance.

A Sap system (like Development or Quality or Production) can have one instance or multiple instances.

Every system will (mandotory) have a instace called "Central Instance" if central instance is down whole SAP system is down.

Client is a work area in the SAP.

SAP provides there default client 000, 001 and 066.

When you are loggin in to a system, you have to specify which client you want to enter.

Hope this will give you some basic understanding.

Regards

Basis Dude

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos