Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

stock transit

Hi Friends

My client manufactures automotive components. Some of the components are manufactured out of two asian countries and importted back to sell local.

Both the asian companies are not on SAP and they doesn't also use EDI.

Scenario:

My client sends the PO generated out of SAP system in the form of softcopy to the respective assian counterparts.

When the goods are desptached the asian company sends commercial invoice along with packing list.

Here is the problem, there is noe electronic data transfer inbetween only soft and hard copies are sent from these companies.

And my client is facing huge problem in reconcilliation of the invoice with the POs.

Example: An order may contain product A in diffrent line items.

But when the goods are sent from these countries they send in the form of cases. A case may contain goods from diffrent orders. CASE 1 may contain product A from order1 and Case2 may also contain Product A from Order1(of another line item in the order). This causing a big problem in reconciliation.

To ease out my client wants to maintain in-transit data and have a global receipt.

Can we maintain in-transit data as there is no electronic data exchange between the asian companies and my client.

If we some how maintain in-transit data how do we reconcile.

Please suggest your thoughts on this. Really aapreciate.

Thanks

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question