cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index management in TREX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have a webshop running and are using TREX for the product catalog. The catalog is replicated from ECC using program ISA_CATALOG_REPLICATION.

Something seems to have gone wrong since there are a lot of indexes on TREX where there should only be a few. I'd like to cleanup the indixes on TREX. This can be done from the administration tool, but then ECC will not be notified and ECC will expect indexes on TREX that are no longer there. This will result in unsuccessfull replications as the cleanup will not work. If I do the cleanup from ECC using SRMO, I'd have to delete about 1900 indices manually. This would take about two years of my time

The big question: is there a way to cleanup these indexes, and keep ECC and TREX in sync? A mass maintenance tool of some sort maybe?

kind regards, Wilbert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilbert,

you can delete indexes from TREX using the transacion ISA_CAT_REPL_DELETE on SAP.

With this transaction you can delete also the active index.

Regards,

Vittorio

Former Member
0 Kudos

For future reference: I logged a call with SAP and got some documentation on how to clear an inconsistency in the system as a result of manual index deletion. This documentation was received on consulting base (the documentation was for free, but no support is given for it). It solved my issue nevertheless. If you have the same issue, log a call with SAP.

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Wilbert,

The admin tool in ISA you are using is owned by ISA, right?

That would mean you'd have to inquire there, if a mass deletion is possible - which it should, as TREX itself can handle as you can tell by the fact that the application-independent TREX Admin Tool gives you the option.

Best,

Karsten