Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain is starting automaticaly after transport

leticial_locatelli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We have transported our process chains from DEV to PRD. We noticed that when arriving to PRD, they start automaticaly to run, without our indication to do so. The process chains arrive active and without errors, but we don´t want them to start extraction after transportation.

The start process variant is set as "inmediate start" in all our process chains, but we think that we need to schedule them in order to start. Am I right? Or is it that just activating the process chain after transport is enough to start the execution?

Is there any way to avoid inmediate execution after transportation?

Thanks in advance. Leticia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way is to set the date/time in the start variant of the process chain to be way out in the future. This way, when it imports to PRD, it will not start. You can then maintain the BI_PROCESS_TRIGGER job for the process chain and change the start date/time manually. The Start variant of the process chain is only used to set up the BI_PROCESS_TRIGGER job when the chain is activated and scheduled.

leticial_locatelli
Participant
0 Kudos

Geo, thanks for your answer.

To do what you propose, I will have to change every start variant in DEV and set the date in to be way out in the future. But in that case, all my start variants will be modified also en QAS.

Also, it´s curious, process chains arrive correctly in QAs after transport but ther are NOT starting automatically in that environment. Just in PRD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a setting that determines whether or not to schedule process chains as part of the post import procedure of the transport. This must be set in your PRD system (I think the tcode is RSTPRFC). You can work with your Basis team to disable this so that your process chains will not schedule after import. It would then be your responsibility to schedule them separately. Even still, if the Start variant is set to "Immediate", your chain is going to start right away anyways! Unless you have the ability to change the Start variant of the chain(s) in your PRD system.

Hope this helps.

Answers (0)