Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Characters issue in DEV and QAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am uploading a file that has special characters (Japanese).

In the DEV system the special character is converted to #. Which the business wants.

In QAS system the special character is not converted and is as it is, which makes the business users difficult to find out if any speical characters are there and they don't want the special character as it is

The file consists millions of record with a possibility of four or five records with special characters

The special characters on keyboards is not an issue.

The programs in DEV and QAS system are same and the file tested is also the same but different results.

Tried in Tcode SNLS to find something but didn't know what and where to look into.

What could be the issue in this? Looks like this is Basis issue but would like to know if anyone can let me know.......

Regards

Sandeep

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your SAP Unicode?

Check transaction RZ11, parameter name zcsa/installed_languages to see if it lists J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may also compare the Related OSS Note status, if any, in DEV & QAS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Micheal,

Yes it is SAP Unicode?

I checked the parameter name zcsa/installed_languages to see if it lists J and yes it is listed.

If I give some arabic special characters then also it shows the arabic special characters which I don't want.

These special characters should be uploaded as # (hash). Just like it is happening in DEV system.

Thanks

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Just to confirm, you checked installed languages in DEV & QAS?

How are you uploading (FM)? FTP, presentation server, application server?

Same file, same program, different systems... it sounds BASIS, but as a BASIS guy I'm still at a loss to explain this. Is Japanese supported at the OS level on both systems (East Asian language support in Windows)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i want to check ur open dataset statement in the program which is being used here if at all in ur case.

Can you please check the relavant code page in both the D and Q systems and search with the appropriate hexa decimal values(for the special characters ) in both the systems ..

u can use code page by tcode scp ..

ex -> as u say a special char sp1 is having entry in q and code page which is being used (like 4200 )

is not having in d03 .

then if in d03 this page has no entry then it shows as # , since it is showing in q then it has an entry over there. this is my guess..

so if at all the client wants not to see this special char's , u need to remove them from this code page.. and check ..

Cant say if this can solve but u can take this as one more way of dealing with code pages and special chars....

br vijay..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uploading file from application servier using the OPEN DATASET....

I checked both the system languages installed and Japanese is not installed in DEV and is installed in QAS.

You are correct, same file, same program on different systems behaving differently...

The issue is not only with the East Asian laungages... Even the European special characters are behaving differently.

0 Kudos

Japanese is not installed in DEV and is installed in QAS.

There you go. In DEV it can't interpret the Japanese and uses # instead. Try removing J from installed languages on QAS (restart required) and see what happens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Checked the code page in both DEV and QAS system and the codepage is existing in both the systems.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos
There you go. In DEV it can't interpret the Japanese and uses # instead. Try removing J from installed languages on QAS (restart required) and see what happens.

This is still an issue with other special characters such as latin or spanish which is not installed in both the systems...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone who can answer my question I am still having the issue..